10 | Electric vs. Metal

"... I'm sure you already know since you're vice-class rep and all," Mineta said to Yaoyorozu as he pointed at the foreign cheerleaders passing through the cafeteria. "They said the girls have to wear those cheerleader outfits to do a cheer battle after lunch."

Jirou grimaced at the thought of the idea, "But I didn't hear anything about an event like that." Yaoyorozu wondered, recalling all the events in her mind.

"You don't have to believe me, we just heard it from Mr. Aizawa. I thought maybe you've forgotten so I came here to remind you, in case." Mineta reasoned, Kaminari, who's next to the little boy, nodded his head to make it look more convincing.

"Oh, is that so? Well, thanks for reminding me." Yaoyorozu smiled in gratitude then walked away with Jirou to their table.

After lunch, Yaoyorozu walks inside the waiting room where all the girls are lounging, telling them about the cheer battle competition, and she begin using her quirk to create the cheer uniforms. The girls were confused as well at the announcement but complied nonetheless, seeing it's from the words of Mr. Aizawa.

"Hey Mina, have you seen [L/N]?" Jirou asked, putting on the cheer uniform. "Uh no I have not, I haven't seen her since the start of the Cavalry battle." Mina wondered as she finished putting on her cheer outfit, her eyes are shaded by the shadow of her hair.

"Maybe she's in the bathroom." Uraraka spoke up, "I saw her around the hallway after lunch."

The two girls nodded in understandment, "Well, when she came back from wherever she is at. Can you give her this?" Jiro added and handed Uraraka the spare cheer uniform, the brunette nodded her head as she took the outfit from her classmate's hands

Meanwhile, Uraraka is right. You are in the comfort room, fists hitting the surface of the sink counter as you stare at your reflection. You were annoyed at yourself, aggravated at that purple student's quirk, and irritated for falling for it.

Back at the Cavalry Battle, you got snapped back from the darkness when you heard horns blaring, signaling the end of the battle. You don't remember anything that has happened during the battle, just answering that boy and hearing from Present Mic that your 'team' got third place.

You smacked the counter again, remembering that unpleasant memory. "That boy... 'Thanks for your help', my ass," You scoffed and said through gritted teeth. "It seems like everyone is getting that level of seriousness in this blasted sports festival. Really does giving their all for their sake." You walked out of the bathroom and made your way through the hallways.

'Fine then. Let's get serious.'

. . .

'To be honest though, I don't feel lightheaded much like before that battle... did I sleep the whole time he's controlling me?...'

Eventually, students were gathered at the stadium grounds for the final event, a one-on-one battle torunament. The event that is firing up the students and the crowds, a battle between the top 16 students.

Midnight announced that they will be drawing lots to determine the match ups. As she was about to go to the first person to draw the lot, a hand was raised and caught her attention.

"Excuse me, but I would like to drop out." You turn your head to the voice and see Ojiro, his face filled with bravery. You knew what happened to him, you were there, but you didn't expect him to withdraw from the tournament.

You scoffed, 'This is a great opportunity yet you decline.'

He then explained how he felt like he cheated because he doesn't remember what he did during the previous event. You could've felt the same way as he did, felt cheated, but instead your mind is clouded about winning and beating the hell out of your competition.