Section 30

~One Month Later~

It's been a month now and Nadine is still attached to the life support. Jeanine said that if she doesn't improve in the next day or so she'll 'pull the plug', I haven't left Nadine's bedside since, frightened that Jeanine will come in. She's got to have more time, Jackson's heart started pumping by itself two days ago but he is still unresponsive.

I hold tightly onto Nadine's hand, she's lost a lot of weight, and I don't like seeing her like that, she was thin before but now she doesn't look healthy. It pains me to see her like this, it should be me on this bed clinging on to my life, not her.

This end of the infirmary is quiet, the only two patients are Nadine and Jackson, who are separated by a concrete wall. The faint beep of Nadine's heart monitor is in the background, it calms me to know her heart is working even though it isn't really her working it.

I stand up and lean over the bed, looking at Nadine's face. I lightly brush her overgrown, blue hair out of her thinned face, leaning down I kiss her on the forehead and then sit back down on the chair, holding her hand still. I follow the patterns on her palm with my finger, following every single one of the more prominent lines.

The door swings open, disturbing the peaceful noise that was in the room. Jeanine and the nurse, who I learnt to be Sandra and a younger nurse with dark pink hair, whose name I don't know, walk into the room each one of them staring at me. I look at Jeanine, I know what she wants to do and I'm not letting her do it. "No, she needs time." I say lowly standing up from my seat.

"No Eric, she's been on this long enough, it's time." I shake my head, Jeanine can shut up.

"It's not time! She's needs more time! Jackson woke up two days ago! Give her more time!" I growl but Jeanine just looks at me sympathetically.

"I'm sorry Eric, she was weaker than Jackson and the fact that she went through a miscarriage aswell." I shake my head putting my hand up.

"Don't even think about saying that! I don't want to hear it!" I shout at Jeanine, she seems taken a back by the sudden noise level, but she just smiles. She better not mention that ever again, I don't want to hear that, I tried to block it out my mind but it haunts me every night, that I lost my child. Along with my wife. She opens her mouth to say something but the door opens again, Kerry and Hugh walking through it.

"Don't even think about it." Kerry snarls over at Jeanine, I breath out loudly I'm glad that I don't have to fight this battle by myself.

"I'm sorry but it's been too long." Jeanine says to all of us, I just shake my head.

"Give her another week, please." I plead harshly over at Jeanine but she just shakes her head.

"Eric, I would if I could but she is in a worse condition to Jackson, she won't recover and if she does who knows what she'll be like." I shake my head at Jeanine's comment, I can't take this in, she's wrong.

"She will recover, she'll be fine." I say loudly, more so to myself then the rest of them. Jeanine shakes her head and moves towards Nadine's life support machine, a sudden surge of anger builds up inside me. "NO! DONT YOU DARE!" I bellow over at her taking her off guard.

"Eric! I don't want to do this! But it has to be done!" She yells back at me, obviously getting irritated. "I understand what your feeling Eric, but..."

"SHUT UP! You don't understand! And you'll never understand! What I'm going through!" I roar at her, I clench my fists, I'm trying so much not to punch her in the face. She moves closer to Nadine's machine, typing things onto it's smooth screen. "NO!" I scream immediately, I feel the tears sting in my eyes, I'll kill her if she turns this off.