Section 7

"So, she attacked you?" Hugh leans forwards on his desk. Since I got back to work and Eric explained why I was awhile I've been asked the same questions over and over again!

"Yes." I nod my head, Jackson leans on one of Hugh's filing cabinets his brows furrowed and his arms crossed.

"Your sister? Why would she do that?" Jackson asks joining the convocation.

"Yes my sister, and let's just say she blames me for something and hasn't forgiven me for it." I sigh looking down at the smooth, grey metal desk.

"Right, well, far enough she hates you" Jackson starts,

"Jackson!" Hugh looks at him obviously not impressed.

"What? I haven't made my point! She hates you but she's also stupid attacking a Dauntless member she could become factionless for that especially cuz she's a transfer!" I look at Jackson confused.

"What was your point?" I ask him, he opens his mouth and then closes it.

"I guess I didn't have one." He says and Hugh rolls his eyes.

"I guess your also stupid." Hugh sarcastically says,

"Agreed." I say back a small smile appearing on my face.

"Excuse me?" Jackson puts his hands on his hips and walks out the room with a bit too much sass.

"There's some things I don't understand, and that's one of them." Hugh chuckles to himself and nods towards the way Jackson exited.

Hugh opens his mouth to say something but Jackson pops his head through the door,
"There's someone here for you." Jackson looks at me and I give him a quizzical look. Jackson moves away from the door and a large man steps in, Max. Hugh stands up from his chair out of respect but I decide to just stay down.

"Max, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Hugh asks, Max chuckles.

"I need Nadine, if that's alright?" Max looks at me and I suddenly feel nervous what does he want me for?

"Ahhhh of course." Hugh nods and walks around his desk.

I get up from the chair and stand awkwardly awaiting further orders.
"Great thank you Hugh." Max and Hugh nod at each other and Max walks through the door and I quickly follow him. Most people would think Max and Hugh where brothers as they do look the same but Hugh is taller and I would say more muscly and just generally more inviting.

We walk in silence to a location I don't know. Once we've walked up out of Weapons Bay we walk over the chasm and begin to walk up some stairs in the Pit. We walk through some dark corridors but I've noticed the further we walk the lighter it gets, then I realise we're headed for the glass roof. I hate walking over this thing,
One, it reminds me of the Fear Landscape, (As this is the way to it.)
Two, I always think it's going to collapse under my feet.

We walk over the glass ceiling and I try not to freak out, I'm not exactly scared of this but I just over think things. For a moment I think we're going to the fear landscape room but then we take a left and up a small flight of stairs which I have never been up before. There's a bright corridor as one side is just glass windows and the other side has four dark, grey doors, Max walks up to the first one and opens the door gesturing for me to go in first. I reluctantly walk through.

Penny, is the first thing I notice. She sits in a black chair and about two metres away from her chair is another and something tells me I should sit in it. Max walks to a large table and sits in the middle chair and to his left is Eric and to his right is Four, I hesitate before sitting down on the chair. I don't look at my sister at all, but I can sense her boring two holes into my face with her eyes.