Section 28

15:45

The glass door slides open to the right, a small whooshing sound coming from it. I walk through it, Jackson behind me, his breaths loud and short, he's nervous and I don't blame him, I am too. The glass door slides shut about 3 seconds later leaving us in a small room, another door to the right of it.

This door isn't glass, it's a grey door and to me it looks like it's made of iron or steel. Its also smaller than the door we've just went through, but we'll both be able to get through with no bother. I look over to Jackson who is just staring at the door, he doesn't blink once. I look behind me, through the glass door, Hugh hasn't arrived yet, and to be honest I'm glad. All I can see is the large white and grey pipes and tanks, it's was like a maze out there, all the twists and turns. I was also extremely hot, as everything is over heating, white gas would spray us from time to time as we ran through but thankfully we got here okay.

There's also a medium sized computer screen, which has dials and knobs all around it. That's the control centre for down here, that's what we used to open the door, but we don't have much time as that thing was going crazy because of the dis-alignment of the main power source of the fan.

This small room that we stand in now, is colder than the room we've just came from. I'm thankful for it, I prefer the cold, don't get me wrong I do like the sun, but I just like cold weather. Mostly because all the wasps and bees die and it's just wonderful! I hate them! That was one of the reasons why I transferred to Dauntless as there wouldn't be any bees or wasps like there was in Amity. So yeah the cold is good, the only type of heat I like is the heat off Eric's hugs, he's so warm. You wouldn't think it but he is, he's basically a human radiator.

I shake Eric away from my mind and focus on the task at hand, "Jackson do we need to go through that door?" I nod over to the door, my voice disturbing the sickening silence between us.

"I think it is, should we ask Hugh?" I shake my head at his question, turning to look through the glass door, still no sign of Hugh.

"No, it'll waste time. We'll go through, there's no where else to go." Jackson nods and walks towards the door.

I'm close behind him, watching as he types the same 4 digit code 1645 into an old fashioned, black keypad which has white numbers engraved into it, some wearing away. Jackson presses the green enter button and nothing happens for a moment until a low hum begins to sound from the grey door. The door opens slowly from the bottom, moving upwards until the door has gone completely.

I look through it and all I see is a sliver tunnel, like an air vent, that seems to stretch on for miles. I look at Jackson and he looks at me, his face shows an expression of fear but I also see some curiosity in his eyes as well. He holds his hand out to me and I firmly shake it, smirking at him before looking back through the door.

15:54

I move quickly through the small tunnel, there is two reasons why I'm moving quickly.
1) We don't have a lot of time.
2) The tunnel is extremely hot, my hands are getting burnt every time I move!
Sweat begins to form on my face, I bet it's pouring off Jackson but I can't see him as he's behind me.

"How long is this thing!?" Jackson shouts behind me. I look forward, I can't tell when it ends, it seems to go on forever!

"I really don't know, it doesn't look like it stops!" I exclaim earning a huff from Jackson.

"Have we came the right way?" I contemplate his question, I'm sure we have there was no other way to go and there was no other door.

"Yes, I'm pretty sure we have." I reply quickly, still crawling through the hot tunnel.