26.

True loves kiss

Leonora PoV:

Time felt slow, as if someoe tried to stop it.

Fear reflected in Clarissas eyes. But not just fear, but sadness and a begging look for forgivness.

I wanted to scream, but everything was silent.

The blade threw back the light, as it fell towards her neck.

That would be it, she would die and it was my fault. The only person I had ever loved.

Tears started to fill my eyes, as I went down on my knees, not wanting to see what he would do to her.

A scream filled the air and I covered my ears.

But… was it really her scream?

I looked up and saw Enzo ontop of Rafal, pushing his claws into his chest. His sword laid far away from him.

I turned my face to Clarissa and saw her laying on the ground, holding the wound on her stomach.

With a racing heart, I ran over to her, crashing down and pulling her close to me.

"Everything will be alright, okay? I promise you will be alright." The tears started to fall down onto her, as she smiled up at me.

"Only a true loves kiss can save her now!" Rafal screamed, as Enzo and two other guards carried him away.

"NOW EVERYONE WILL SEE IF A NEVER CAN TRULY LOVE!" His laughed echoed through my mind, as I looked back down at Clarissa.

A true loves kiss, he was right. And it would work, because I loved her. It had to work.

Worry started to reflect in my eyes, as I held her close. She placed her hand on my cheek, trying to comfort me.

"D-don't listen to him, you love me, more then any Ever could…" Her voice was weak and she had trouble keeping her eyes open.

"And what if hes right, and it won't work. Help will be to late and, and I can't lose you… Not again."

She took my hand in hers and squeezed it, closing her eyes.

"I love you Nora, and I know that you can save me…" The squeez started to soften, and her head fell back.

"No, no, no… Clarissa, please don't! No! Don't do this to me…" I held her close to my chest, tears running down my face.

My kiss couldn't save her, a Never couldn't love so they wouldn't see this as a true loves kiss.

"What are you doing Lesso?" I looked at Anemone, which stood a few steps away from us.

"I, I can't save her, this can't work…" "You don't believe that, do you? She loved you, just think about it. You can and you will save her. She trust you to do that, just like she would do it for you."

I looked down at Clarissa, the life slowly left her body. "Do it Lesso! Do it and proof everyone wrong! Proof him wrong!"

I pulled her closer to me, before I leaned down and kissed her softly. Those lips were still as soft as silk, and I smiled into the kiss.

The hall had fell silent, as everyone watched us. I leaned back and waited. And waited. And waited, but nothing happened.

The tears came back to my eyes and I pulled her head in my neck, before I screamed.

It hadn't worked, just as I had thought it wouldn't. This was it, a Never and an Ever fekĺl in love, and just like they all said it, they couldn't have a happy end.

"CLARISSA!" My voice started to hurt but I didn't care.

I had lost her, but this time forever. Why her, why not me?

Someone laid their arms around me, but I pushed them back, screaming at them to stay away.

I couldn't leave her, not just now. Maybe I could never leave her?

With weak arms, I pulled her up and kissed her one last time. It just felt like the first kiss we ever had. So love filled, and that crazy feeling in my stomach.

I would never feel that again, because no one could make me feel the things I felt with her.

With her head back in my neck, I wrapped my arms around her tight.

"Y-your choking me to… death Nora." My eyes flew ide open, when I heard her voice.

She turned her head to me and I stared at her. Was this real, or was I just imaginating this? Did I die with her?

"Hey…" A soft smile and her hand on my cheek. It was her, she was alive. I had saved her.

"I thought you… That I didn't… I-" She pulled me close with a kiss, her hand tangling in my hair.

"Don't think about that, I'm fine. But he really kicked my eyes, I feel like ten horses have run over me." I chuckled and kissed her again, more then happy to see her alive.

"A true loves kiss…" She whispered and I nodded, smiling like an idiot.

"Can you get up?" I helped her, before Enzo came over and picked her up.

"Oh hello." She smiled at him and he greeted her back.

"Can we just go and sleep for like six weeks?" "No, no, no. Your gonna get checked first, and don't start complaining now."

Enzo carried her away, and I followed them both, smiling and shaking my head at her complains about all this.

Clarissa PoV:

Here I was, sitting on the bed, getting checked by a doctor after I just came back from the dead.

"I'm fine, please… I just want to go to sleep." "Your whining more then when your close to your Orgasm."

The doctor looked at me, before he turned around, acting like he heard nothing.

"What did I say about saying these things infront of others!?" She just shrugged, standing up.

"Can we go?" "Uhm, yeah. Shes fine, like she said, but maybe its best if she rests for the next two or three days." I nodded and stood up, holding myself with her help.

"Thank you." I said, before we both left the room and walked towards my beloved bed.

As soon, as we stepped inside, I got rid of my dress and fell onto the bed.

"God that feels god~" "How? I'm not even touching you." I rolled my eyes at her comment and snuggeld deeper into the pillow.

Soon, she laid down neyt to me, holding her arms open. "Comon, cuddles." I smiled and crawled into her arms, hiding my face in her neck.

"There is nothing better then this." She mumbled, placing a soft kiss on the side of my head.

"I agree." I mumbled back, feeling a wave of tiredness wash over me.

It didn't take long for me, to fall asleep, but not before she whispered…

"I love you my Princess."