8.

This never happened

Clarissa PoV:

I woke up back in bed, Leonora must have carried me from the bathtub. I turned on my side and expected her to be there, but the bed was empty.

Confused, I sat up and looked around. The room was empty aswell. Did she just leave me here?

I stood up and took my clothes, putting them back on. Why wasn't she here anymore? Did she regret what we did? I shook my head and stepped into the bathroom, to fix my hair and make up.

Those thoughts just wouldn't leave me alone. And what if somebody had found out? I sighed and leaned against the sink, trying to clear my mind.

What should I do now? Wait here for her to get back? "Maybe she wont come back." I mumbled to myself and felt a little pain in my chest.

"Who wont come back?" The voice made me wince and I looked at her.

"Dont scare me like that!" She just chuckled and came closer, wrapping her arms around my waist. "I wouldn't even dare to do something like that." I rolled my eyes and kissed her softly, relaxing at her touch.

"Where were you?" "The teacher, you remember?" I blushed and nodded, following her back into the bedroom.

"Well he came back and annoyed me again about that stupid problem, so I said I would come take a look at it." She sat down and looked tired, so I crawled onto the bed behind her.

"Turns out it is much more of a problem then he told me and now, ofcourse, I have to take care of it." I started to massage her shoulders and watched her relax.

"Cant they solve it?" "That bunch of stupid idiots? No, no I have to solve this. The best part about this, I only have less then a week and I dont even know where to start!"

She leaned back, so I made her room to lay down.

"What is the problem?" "Seems like that bear that almost killed us is now somewhere in our part of the blue forest. And with the lessons that have to take place there it has to go. God I hate that forest!"

I held in a chuckle and looked down at her. "You think this is funny?" "Nooooo." A smirk grew on her lips and she pulled me down to her.

"Better be quiet or I drag you out there with me." "You would risk that I get hurt?" I snuggled closer to her and hid my face in her neck. "Never."

Some time passed and I started to feel my eyes get heavy again.

"Sleepy little Princess." "Nope." I tried to get up, but she held me down. "Your going no where." "Oh god, what a punishment!" She chuckled and gave me a soft kiss on the nose, looking into my eyes.

"How late is it?" "Quite some time has passed since you slept in, its dark outside already." My eyes widened and I sat up, looking out of the window.

"I have to get back, they're probably searching for me. Why haven't you said something earlier?" "I didn't want you to leave." A pink blush spread across my face and I smiled.

"Thats sweet Nora, but I have to get back. I'm the dean, I have to look that the school works." She sighed, but nodded, standing up aswell.

"Will you come by in the next few days?" "What do you think I will say? No?" With a short kiss, I stepped outside of her room and turned back around.

"Think about what happened, and if this is something you want." She whispered to me and I nodded. I knew what she meant and gave her one last look, before I walked away, Enzo guarding me out.

Leonora PoV:

I closed the door and leaned against it, trying to get my heartbeat back under control. "Please understood it right what I meant."

With my fingers crossed, I walked to my armchair and sat down, not before taking my wine glass with me.

I would take care of the problem tomorrow, I had an idea in my head which would work, so I didn't worry about that anymore.

With my book and wine glass in hand, I started to read again and tried to get my mind away from everything that happened today. If I couldn't hunt down the bear, the school master would blame me, just like he always did.

I sighed and kept reading, till it was to dark for it.

With a turn of my hand, I lit some candles and walked over to my closet, to look for some clothes for the night. I leaned the cane against my bed and started to take off my clothes.

Two arms sneaked around my waist and I relaxed, thinking that it was Clarissa.

"Your getting weak." Three words whispered into my ear and a sharp pain went through my side. I wanted to scream, but there was nothing coming from my mouth.

With the pain paralyzing me, I laid on the ground, not able to see who was in the room aswell.

"I know what you did with her." My side was pumping and I thought I was dieing. "Let her fall." It felt like those words were taking over my body and then everything went quiet.

I laid on the ground and waited for the pain to go away, which didn't take long.

As I sat on my bed and thought about what had happened, the door opened and this time it was Clarissa who came inside.

"Hey Nora." I just looked at her, as she came closer. "Are you okay?" "What do you want?" Why did I was so harsh with her?

"I-I thought, maybe we could, uhm, sleep together." "And why would you think that? Because I slept with you?" I saw the pain in her eyes, my words beeing the reason for it.

"N-nora?" "Stop calling me that and go back to your stupid school! This was a mistake and dont even think about trying to change my mind." A tear rolled down her face and I was screaming on the inside, begging her not to listen to me.

"But, but I thought..." Her voice was almost not audioble. "Dont think, go. And dont come back. Forget what we did and go on."

I finally felt like I had the control over my body back, but the damage was already caused. "Oh..." She just turned around and walked to the door, without even looking back once.

"No, wait! Please! That wasn't me, I would-" "Don't, don't even try. You made it clear, I get it." I grabbed my cane and wanted to walk to her, but the pain held me down.

"This never happened." With that she left the room, leaving me on the edge of tears. Why did I just say that? That wasn't what I wanted to say.

The tears started to fall down and I crawled onto my bed, hugging the pillow close to my body. It smelled a bit like her and that was what made me break down completely.

I couldn't stop the tears and cried till I fell asleep.

Clarissa PoV:

I was running into my room and locked the door, leaning against it as the first tears ran down my face.

Why did she had to say that? I thought there was something between us. But seems like I was wrong. All those signs that she gave me were lies?

I just couldn't bring my mind to believe what she just had said to me. This all couldn't be true. I was dreaming, that was for sure.

The time passed by and I sat at my door, screaming and crying, wishing for her to be here to take me into her arms.

Who would have thought that a Never could make me that happy.

"Oh Nora..." I whispered, looking out into the stars. "What would I do to change your mind."