Chapter 27: Compatible

-Third Person POV-

Karlof led Cole and his companions to the Iron Place, Capital building of Metalonia, which is where the rulers reside.

"Karlof, who are we gonna see?" Cole asked.

"The Titanium Court. Leaders of Metalonia." Karlof answered.

As they were about to enter the Iron Palace, they heard a baby dragon growling in excitement, and he then flew straight at the Earth Ninja.

"Chompy!?!" Cole exclaimed as he catches the Ridgeback.

"FRIEND!!!" An familiar axe-wielding Metalonian greeted, and next to him was the Geckle with Lily's necklace.

"Korgran!! Gleck!!" Cole laughed a little. He then saw the face of his closest companion in Shintaro. "Vania!!!" He smiled.

"Cole." Vania smiled. "It's so good to see you again."

"W-What are you guys doing here!?!" He asked.

"My Father... he attacked and took over Shintaro." Vania frowned.

"What?" Cole eyes widened.

"Yes, Korgran and friends fought his army but they were too strong. We were only ones who managed to escape." Korgran sniffed. "Friends at Shintaro gone. Fungus, Plundar, Adam... everyone."

Cole now understood why Vangelis was the only General not present at Ninjago City, he was ordered to reclaim the Kingdom to continue the vengestone mining operation. To learn the man he despised most is now the ruler of Shintaro made him clench his fists out of frustration.

Cole frowned. "I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you..."

"What? Oh, No! No, no, no, no!!!" Vania shook her head. "Please don't blame yourself. You were probably busy with this 'Crystal King' my Father spoke of."

"I was..." Cole sighed. "But... we have failed to stop the Overlord and now he has taken Ninjago City. As well my friends... they're gone..."

Vania and everyone else went silent after that last comment. Learning who the Crystal King was, Vania felt extremely guilty, had she known about the Overlord much sooner, she would have assisted the Ninja against the Dark Lord with the Shintaro army.

"I'm sorry for your loss..." Vania apologised.

Ronin sighed. "We can mourn the Ninja later. But right now, we need to meet the Rulers of Metalonia and ask for their help."

"No need!"

Everyone immediately looked at the person who spoke. It was the King of Metalonia, and behind him were the members of the Titanium Court.

"And you are?" Unagami asked.

"Everyone. Meet the King of Metalonia, Argos." Vania introduced.

"It's an honour to meet you, Your Majesty." Dyer bowed.

"So... you can help us?" Cole asked.

"Of course, as the Earth Ninja who saved the Master of Metal, we are in your debt." Argos replied. "But there is something I must say that will upset all of you..."