Chapter 9: The Spider's Design

-Third Person POV-

Spinjitzu Monastery...

Inside the Hanger bay, Pixal was on the computer monitoring the Four Ninjas' signal.

"Pixal, do you know where they are right now?" Wu asked.

Pixal looked at him. "They're currently making their way along the abandoned N line. They are approaching the coordinates where Lloyd vanished."

"Can you get in contact with them?" Benthomaar uttered.

Pixal replied. "I can." She tried calling. "Cole, can you hear me?"

"I'm here, Pixal." Cole answered the call.

Wu and Benthomaar were little surprised that she chose to call Cole instead of Zane. But it shouldn't that surprising after everything that has happened.

'Pixal, I can still sense anger in you...' Wu thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oni Temple...

Back at the temple, Harumi and Mr F were in a control room also monitoring the Ninjas' every move with one of their crystal spider that was spying on them.

"Mr F, are the Nindroids in position?" Harumi asked, and he replies with a nod. "Good. Now the Ninja will finally meet their once they fight the Nindroids. They can barely handle one." She smirked.

However, incase of emergency. Harumi plans on sending a swarm of crystal spiders to deal the last damage to the Ninja.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Zane. What happened to that crystal you showed us before?" Jay asked.

"I left it with Dyer and Unagami. They want to try and experiment with it a bit since it's unlike anything they have seen." Zane explained.

Cole wondered. "What do you think they'll do with the crystal once they are finished?"

"Given the fact that crystal was used to power the Nindroid. I would probably say a power source." Zane replied.

"A power source?" Kai sighed out of irritation. "It takes a Nindroid to figure that out!?"

"Kai, what's up with you?" Cole asked.

Kai clenched his fists. "I don't know?!" He growled and looked at the three. "Maybe it's the fact that I failed to protect Lloyd?!? Huh?! Does that answer your questions!?"

Cole, Jay and Zane were not that surprised at Kai acted. Kai has always been a hothead especially when things goes terribly wrong. Nya being a prime example. And Kai wasn't wrong, the Four Ninja aren't just Elemental Masters, they are or WERE the sacred guardian of the Green Ninja.

"Kai, we'll save Lloyd. That's our duty. To save a brother." Cole reassured him, but Kai just looked away.

"Tsk!" Kai started walking a lot faster.

"Kai! Hold up!" Zane yelled, but Kai didn't listen.

As they continued to run, Kai finally stopped his track at the sight of a old subway train. But that wasn't the reason why he stopped. On the train were robotic beings standing front of him.
Zane, Cole and Jay finally caught up with Kai, but the three quickly noticed the three machines which completely terrified them.