Monkey

Monkey stared regretfully at the floor.
He was sorry! He really was!
Po had already proven him wrong so many times and he understood now that Po was not just some fat panda, he was THE fat panda.

But all his life, only knowing how to make bad joke and fun of people it was a habit to poke fun at Po.

Neither minded, well maybe Po minded a little in the beginning but now that he knew this was just monkeys personality he adjusted to light heartedly punch monkey on the shoulder.

Y/n however was not at all impressed when monkey made fun of her brother, further more less impressed when money tried to crack some jokes about her WITH her while leaning on her shoulder.

His first and second mistake.
Y/n turned around and stormed out, trying to overcome the urge to punch monkey in the face.

"Come on, he just likes you" mr ping gently tapped his adopted daughter on the head as she lay her head on the counter.

"Yea well I don't like him making fun of me or Po" Y/n hissed annoyed

"Have you tried telling him that?" Mr ping gently spoke

"No but-"

"But? How is he meant to know that you don't like it!? Is he meant to read your mind?" Mr ping asked incredulously

Y/ns ears flattened only mr ping could scold her if it were anyone else they would be met with a very offended side eye and a punch to the face.

"I- ok..." Y/n hopped off her chair and made her way out to find monkey.

It didn't take long for her though.
At noon monkey was always here, he had tried multiple times to get her to join him and mantis in training but she always declined.

She heard voices up ahead as she climbed a tree and eves dropped on the two.

"Try again" mantis spoke as he patted monkey on the back and sighed.

"I just can't do it! I think I'm ready and then I go up to her and see her beautiful face and hear her kind voice and suddenly I'm back to- to being just me!" Monkey groaned.

"I really really like her but it like making jokes is just engraved into my brain, I can't stop! And I know she doesn't like me for that"

He gripped his head and leaned on the same tree Y/n was in, mantis looked at the monkey with sympathy.

"How about you start by making jokes about yourself or nature with Y/n instead of joke about her and Po?" Mantis attempted to suggest.

Monkey sorrowfully nodded.

Y/n blushed as she listened to monkey with furrowed brows. He really thought of her like this..?

Suddenly she felt bad.
It wasn't like monkey could control it...
She did notice how he seemed to blurt the jokes out as if he didn't even get any chance to think them through.

Maybe just maybe she could help him with his habit.

Y/n found monkey annoying yes, but he wasn't all that bad. That was the only bad quality about him that Y/n could find and she wouldn't mind dating him either.

She could give him a chance.
Y/n nodded to herself, 'if I could give puss a chance... then I can also give monkey one'

And so over the next few weeks Y/n attempted to avert monkeys habit of making jokes.

It worked but now he resorted to pick up lines.
They weren't good but that was what was so precious about them in Y/n's opinion.

It was that he actually spent hours trying to create a good pick up line for her.

She watched as he sat under a tree and scribbled down drafts before crossing them out with a quiet mumble of "that's not good enough for her"

Today Y/n and monkey sat under that same tree that he had written his drafts under.

Monkey nervously gazed over to where mantis was hidden.

Mantis threw him a thumbs up.

Y/n tried not to chuckle at the duo who thought they were being extra sneaky.

"Y/n"

"Yes monkey?" Y/n decided to play dumb.

Monkey took a deep breath.
"Will you be my girlfriend!" He almost yelled out

Y/n blinked and then covered her mouth trying not to laugh.

All that practice between him and mantis and he still got nervous? Pfft.

Mantis face palmed.

"Sure" Y/n finally answered as monkey blushed bright red in embarrassment before calling out that he needed to redo it.

🎉 You've finished reading 𖠌 𝐊𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐔 𝐂𝐀𝐓 𖠌 [𝐕𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒] 🎉