16

Po ran, screaming as he hurried down the stairs in complete panic.
Y/n jogged after her so called brother, understanding his uncertainty and fear of what would happen.

Shifu... 'that darned tree rat' she thought with a scowl.

The two had almost made it down the stairs before they were intercepted.

'Think of the devil and he shall appear..' Y/n rolled her eyes.

"You cannot leave! A real warrior never quits!" Shifu yelled out, stopping the panda

"Watch me!" Po stubbornly yelled out, pushing Y/n behind him as he tried to maneuver around Shifu, but was redirected back.

"Oh come on! How am I supposed to beat Tai Lung? I can't even beat you to the stairs." Po, frustrated, yelled out, pointing at the red panda

"You will beat him because you are the Dragon Warrior!"

Shifu pokes Po in the belly with the staff, keeping him back

Y/n was also thrown back by the force, only she used shifus momentary distraction as a cover. Slinking into the shadows, she waited.

"Ow! You don't believe that! Ow! You never believed that! From the first moment I got here, you've been trying to get rid of me!"

Po yelled out as he was hit by the red pandas staff again.

Po attempted to maneuver again, but Shifu swept his legs from under him, causing him to fall on his back. Shifu pointed the staff at his face.

"Yes! I was! But now I ask you to trust in your master as I have come to trust in mine."

"You're not my master. And I'm not the Dragon Warrior." Po spat out with sadness

"Then why didn't you quit?! You knew I was trying to get rid of you, and yet you stayed!" Shifu slammed his staff on the floor in frustration

"Yeah, I stayed." Po got back into his feet, reaching for Y/n only to realise she wasn't there.

"I stayed because though every time you threw a brick at my head or said I smelled, it hurt... but it could never hurt more than it did every day of my life just being me."

"I stayed because I thought if anyone could change me... could make me... not me, it was you! The greatest kung fu teacher in all of China!"

"But I can change you! I can turn you into the Dragon Warrior! And I will!" Shifu called out in desperation

"Oh come on! Tai Lung is on his way here right now! And even if it takes him a hundred years to get here, how are you... gonna change this... ...into the Dragon Warrior?! Huh?"

Shifu opens his mouth... and freezes.

"How... how?"

Shifu closes his mouth, still speechless.

"HOW?!"

"I DON'T KNOW!"

Shifu yells out the answer in frustration. Then he sighs deeply, realizing what this means.

"..I don't know."

Po's anger turned to sadness. He also sighed.

"That's what I thought."

Shifu walks away, leaving the path open to Po as the panda looked around for the familiar feline which had disappeared.

Above them, Tigress stood in the moonlight on the edge of the palace roof.
She had seen the whole ordeal, she gave Po a look of pity before steeling her resolve and leaping off of the roof.

Y/n watched the tiger carefully, immediately realising what was to happen.

She grumbled...perhaps puss could help her just one last time