Crane

Y/n dodged a kick as crane swooped down to try and pick her up.

"Too slow" she teased, flipping away from the bird. Crane grunted in concentration trying so much as to land a single hit on her.

"Your too predictable" Y/n jumped over the bird as he swooped low to the ground and pushed him down with her added weight.

Now straddling him on the ground, Y/n took the chance to rest for a while. They had been training for hours and the sun was already setting she thought it was time to end their session.

Crane looked up at Y/n.
The setting sun warmly illuminated her coat of fur and her eyes sparkled as they stared down at him in thought.

His breath got stuck in his throat, she was so close yet so far out of his reach.

"Let's end training for today" Y/n spoke as she got up and lifted a hand to the dazed bird on the ground.

Crane gently placed his wing into her hand and she hoisted him up before turning away and leaving with a wave.

All he could do was watch her leave with his heart loudly hammering in his chest.

————————-

"Po!" Crane rushed up to the panda who was doing sit-ups in the training room.

"Yea!?" Po responded happily

"What does your sister like?" He asked nervously, twiddling his wings together.

"Oh! Uh, she likes (Y/L) oh and! And- uhhh" Po squinted trying to remember what else his sister liked so much

Crane impatiently tapped his foot.
"Uhhhh- OH! when we were younger she really reallyyyyy wished for someone she could trust!"

Crane stilled as Po answered what he had been waiting to hear.

"Thanks Po!" He called as he ran out of the training room.

'.....how do I prove to her that she can trust me?' He pondered as he flew.

Y/n was with her father serving customers.
The noodle shop has become so much busier ever since Po became the dragon warrior and no one really complained.

"Order for one bowl of noodles coming up!" She cheerfully spoke, turning around and meeting face to face with crane who sheepishly stood in front of her.

"Oh! Crane! What's up?"

"Um- uh- willyougooutwithmeforapicknic,sunsetatthepeachblossomtree!"

Y/n's eyes widened.
"Whoa! Woah! Slow down."
She made noodles as crane sulked in the background.

"Sunset, peach blossom tree, please come!" Crane called before flying away red faced.

Y/n smiled fondly before catching herself and acting like she didn't care.

"Soooo-"

"No dad" Y/n stopped the goose before he could say anything else as he snickered.

Sunset came much faster than crane would have liked. Don't get him wrong, it wasn't because of Y/n, absolutely not, it was because he was still trying to make everything look perfect.

He stared nervously down the steps, waiting for her arrival.

And then she arrived.
His mind stopped functioning for a moment and all he could do was stare. She wore a loose white dress with princess sleeves that flowed with the wind.

"Crane" she sat down onto the picnic blanket across from him.

Red faced crane managed to stutter out "Y/n y-you look b-beautiful"

Y/n smirked.
"Thank you"

As crane began to get a bit more comfortable the two talked and joked for hours as the sun had long set and the only thing illuminating them was the moon.

The peach blossoms slowly detached from the tree and floated down gently onto the ground.

Crane watched Y/n talk animatedly with a content smile before a full peach blossom flower dropped into his hands.

'This was it' he thought, it was now or never.

"Y/n."

Y/n turned and looked at him with a smile and a nod.

He held out the flower and gently placed it behind her ear.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Y/n froze before melting and happily smiling at him.
"Sure"

Cranes smiled widened till it couldn't stretch any further. "I love you" he confessed

Y/n chuckled as she got up off the picnic that they had been slowly tidying up.

"I know" she gave him a peck on the beak before leaving into the night.