What Was I Made For?

(low-key sad ngl and it's a long one sorry if this is shit hehe )

Today your boyfriend of 4 years, Matt invited you to one of his Family members wedding.

You and the triplets had flew back to Boston a few days prior and had finally settled in to the time zone.

as he wore a full black suit, you wore a red mini dress with black heels.

The ceremony was beautiful, it was your average, traditional wedding ceremony if you were honest but it was amazing.

Though throughout the day, You found yourself pondering the thought of a wedding.

What would it look like? what would you look like? more importantly what would Matt look like?

After meeting Matt, you knew he was the one for you, now being 25, you wanted these things to happen.

Soon though you let go of the thought but soon it got attached to something else.

you noticed Matts family has plenty of young kids ranging from all ages, Newborn all the way to teenagers.

This set your baby fever off like crazy, you've always been the maternal kind.

You, Matt and his family all soon got in an uber to head to the reception after the ceremony.

"You okay?" Matt asks you, as you look almost lost.

The thought of all these big events with Matt weirdly took a toll on you, you just wanted them to happen, you were becoming impatient.

"Yeah i zoned out for a minute." you giggle slightly.

He didn't seem convinced but he didn't pry, especially in-front of his family.

You all eventually arrive at the reception at a 5 star hotel in the heart of Boston.

You walk in and are greeted by one of Matts younger cousins Maddie who is 4 years old and obsessed with you.

"Y/N!" she squeals, hugging you right as you lift her.

"Hey Maddie whatcha doin?" you smile brightly at the girl.

"nothin much, i just want food." she deadpans.

"I'm sure it won't be too much longer girly." you giggle, putting her down as she ran to her mom.

"She loves you more than me i swear." Matt rolls his eyes as he was her old favourite.

"Of course she does, i'm just the greatest." you sigh sarcastically making him laugh.

Just then another one of Matts Cousins approached you, Jackson, who was nearly 4 too, and also obsessed with you.

"Hey Jack!" you smile widely, bending down to his height.

"Hi y/n/n!" he beams back.

Matt seen that you were such a mother figure to all kids in your life and your maternal instinct inspired him in a way.

as you both took your seats, all he could think about was how he wanted all of this.

Sure, you had briefly discussed all of this and he thought he wasn't ready, but seeing you like that with his family made him ready somehow?

Before these encounters, he knew he still had a few years before he wanted to really settle down and deal with these matters hands on, but now...he had his hands out reaching for them.

As the night went on, he analysed every interaction you had with all of the children that attended the wedding that night.

He watched how you spoke to them, how you acted with them, how you cheered them up, how you made sure they were okay, every single minuscule detail, he picked up in it.

After 1am you both called it a night and headed up to your room in the hotel.

As you got ready for bed, Matt sat on the bed wondering how to initiate this conversation, how he was supposed to reach his hands out further and deal with this.

He knew your ultimate dream was to be a mother, and of course he wanted to be a father, but the future scared him.

You exited the bathroom and got into bed next to him, instantly feeling how tense he seemed.

"Hey whatcha thinking about?" you started, not prying too much to begin.

"I'm scared." he shakily whispered.

"Hey hey it's okay c'mere." you softly spoke to him, opening your arms for him to cuddle right up to you.

He also couldn't help but notice the way you responded to him, how you acted in that moment, how you handled his problem, he knew you were made for this.

"Why are you scared honey?" you asked him, rubbing his arm gently.

"I don't know what to do with myself." he confessed, breathing deeply and heavily.

"What do you mean baby?" you ask further, slightly confused.

"I seen you, the way you were acting, how you dealt with them, how it comes to you so naturally, what if it doesn't come so naturally to me?" he holds back tears, lying in your arms.

"What comes naturally?"

"you have like a built in maternal instinct, like your destined to be a mom, with all my cousins today, like the ones who were so excited, the ones who were tired, the ones who threw tantrums, the ones who were feeling left out, every single one you helped them, like you were just made to be the perfect mother, what if i can't fulfil the other role?" he cried into your shoulder.

"Matthew, if there is one thing i can reassure you on is that with us, no one's better than the other, if i'm the perfect mother, your the perfect Father, when i first met you i thought and still think all these things about you, when i first seen you with these kids myself, i thought they were your own kids." you laugh slightly at the end, lighting the mood a little.

"I know but i wasn't ready before and then i was ready like 5 hours ago, and now i've confused myself." He laughs lightly.

"Do not force yourself into something only for me, i know you know i want this bad, but i'll only truly want it all when your ready, we still have the marriage barrier to jump over, you have time to think about your timing with kids, id worry about the ring that could be on my finger rather than how good of a father you don't know you'll be." you soothe the man in your arms.

"i guess so, thank you, i just worry i won't have what it takes the way you do." he takes a deep breath, sighing almost.

"I can Promise you that you do, i wouldn't want anyone else to go through all of it with." you kiss his forehead gently.

"Thank you, i needed that." he hold you tighter.

"So about that ring..." you chuckle mischievously.

"Oh christ." he whispers, shaking his head at you.