Chapter 27

I smile as we are on the last leg of our journey to Yellowstone... I am feeling relaxed the window is down and the wind is playing with my hair... I smile at the beautiful surroundings and the closer we got to our destination the more relaxed i became. Live seems to be slower here... More relaxed and i was already feeling at ease. Steve was driving his hand on my thigh a smile on his face... He seemed more relaxed to... We would go to the hotel for today and see were the day would take us and tomorrow we would meet up with a realtor to visit the house we had seen...

I was excited and Steve tried to temper my expectations so i would not be disappointed but looking around me the house could be a shack and i would be happy... We did not care if it was a fixer upper... We were willing to put in the work. "I love it when smile..." Steve whispers and i turn to look at him... "What is not to smile about... I am here... with you... In these beautiful surroundings..." I say and he gives my leg a little squeeze... "I have to admit it is gorgeous here..." Steve says and i reach out for him and play with the hair in his neck... 

"I think we will be happy here..." I whisper and Steve grins... "I think so to... But i dont care where we are as long as i am with you..." He says and i blush... "Ditto..." I whisper... And he smiles... "Oh i love this song..." I say all excited and turn up the radio... He laughs as i dance in my seat and sing along... All of a sudden, he starts singing to and i look at him shocked... "Well, I'll be damned... You can sing..." I blurt out a little shocked and he turns bright red... "Stop looking at me..." He murmurs feeling all shy all of a sudden. I giggle and look outside again as we continue singing until we reach the hotel... 

I look at Steve as he gets our bags... It is so nice to see him relaxed and just at ease the further we got away from our old live the more he relaxed... I had always wondered if he could live a normal live where he was not always on edge, looking out for danger... But this trip made me sure we could have a normal live... 

"I can carry something..." I say as he carries all our bags, and he looks at me as if i am crazy... I roll my eyes and chuckle... "Forever the gentleman... You can take the man out of the 40's but never the 40's out of the man..." I say giggling and he smirks leans down and kisses me... "Get used to it princess..." He murmurs and i smile... We check into the hotel and Steve drops the bags on the couch... "Home sweet home for now..." He says and i smile as i look out the window... The view is to die for and i take in a deep breath of fresh air as i open the doors to the balcony... I feel Steve step behind me and wrapping his arms around me planting a kiss in my neck... "Could you see yourself living here?" I ask and he smiles... "Yes..." He says and i turn around and wrap my arms around him... I kiss him with everything i got and he wraps his arms around me and lifts me up... 

"Can we go for a walk explorer the town a bit... Maybe get a bite to eat..." I say and he nods... "Anything you want sweetheart..." He says and i giggle... "You know that will get you into trouble one day..." I whisper and he laughs... He puts me back down and we quickly change and make our way outside again... We end up at this little diner and as we sit down, he takes my hand in his... He rubs the back of it with his thumb... "It feels like a little honeymoon..." He says and i get the biggest smile on my face... "It really does..." I whisper and he brings my hand to his mouth and kisses it... 

We order our lunch. A friendly waitress smiling from ear to ear and looking at Steve... I know that look she is figuring out where she knows him from... But i dont think she figured it out... When she leaves, we talk about the house we are looking at tomorrow. We talk about what are absolute no's... But all Steve says that he doesn't care where we live as long as i like it... 

"I feel like we are in a different world out here... Everyone is so much more relaxed, and it feels nice..." I say and Steve nods... "People are not in a rush out here... That was the biggest thing i had to get used to when i came out of the ice... How fast life was going... But here you can stop and smell the roses..." He says and i smile... 

"I never thought i would have this life..." He says blushing and i stand up and lean over the table and kiss him... "I know baby..." I whisper and he sighs... "No... I mean the family life... I think i had given up on it... After Pe...ggy..." He says and freezes and looks at me a little guilty not finishing his sentence... "Steve... You can talk about her... I dont mind... She was important to you and in some way still is..." I whisper and take his hand in mine kissing it... 

"It is okay to still love her..." I say wanting him to feel comfortable to talk about her... "She had part in making you the man you are today and for that i will always be grateful. If it was not for her, Howard and Dr. Erskin you would not be with me right now..." I say and he blushes... "Someone has been reading my file..." He says and i smirk... "Yeah well... You didn't make it easy on me in the beginning and i wanted to know more about you..." I say blushing and he grins... "Did you now..." He says and i nod. 

Our food gets brought out and we eat talking about everything and nothing making plans for our future here... When we walk back to the hotel it is already late... We have been walking around the town. It is nice people are so friendly here... We had a little quick dinner and stopped by the store to get some snacks... We get to our room and i get showered and changed. I am exhausted when i drop myself on the bed. Traveling and walking around town all day had drained me... Steve smiles and crawls over me...

I yawn and he chuckles sliding next to me... "Go to sleep sweetheart..." He whispers and i hum and cuddle into him...