Fifteen

I was so surprised I couldn't speak but finally stuttered. "Juice, yes, yes, and yes, of course I want to marry you." I jumped up and down. he got up, and we were embarrassed in a hug and a long kiss. He took a ring from his pocket. It was a silver ring with a stone in the middle. "When did you get it?" I looked at it. "Since we had that fight, I always wanted to ask you. I felt so guilty to yell at you and make it right but never had the chance to spit it out," Juice told me. I smiled and had a look at it. "It's beautiful." I almost whispered, but I was so happy. "We should head back. They'll probably look for us." Juice laid his arm around my waist, and we walked back the way we came together. As we entered the apartment, I saw Mom and Clay standing in the kitchen while Chibs and Bobby chatted in the living room. "Morning Mama, Mornin' Clay." Mom and I hugged before I grabbed two mugs of coffee for Juice and myself. "You two up early." Bobby raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, and we already went for a walk together," I said, passing a mug to Juice. "Thanks, Baby." Juice smiled. "so, what's the plan for today?" I asked Clay. "Liam said they have a gun run today. Maybe we can join them to talk to Jimmy." he walked up to us while speaking. "Morning." Jax walked up, putting his Jacket on. "How are your muscles?" I asked Jax. "Good, no pain." he gave me a light kiss on the hair. "Wake up the others. We have to talk to McGee about the gun run." Clay ordered. Juice passed me his mug and walked into the hallway. He returned and said Happy and Ope would be there in a minute. They walked out and next door into the Clubhouse, which looked similar to ours. Mom pulled me into the kitchen and grabbed my hand. "Since when are you engaged?" she asked. "This morning, I wanted to tell you," I told her. Ope and Happy walked past us, mumbling morning before heading to the Clubhouse. "I'm so happy for you, Baby." Mom kissed me, and we talked before heading outside as the party was preparing to leave. "You're staying here. I don't want you to get hurt," Clay told me when I approached my bike. "Fine," I growled and walked up to Juice. He wrapped his arms around my waist. "Be careful, please," I whispered. "Always," he whispered. He took my hand, placed something in my palm, and closed my fingers around it. "In case I don't come back," he said. "Don't say that." I'd loved to smack him on the back of the head but didn't do it. I felt the object. It was the ring I put on his fingers in Vegas. "I love you. Always," he said, starting his engine with a last kiss. He drove off while I stayed with Mom behind. "Don't worry, Baby, he will come back." Mom placed her arm around my shoulder. Since I didn't know how long this run would take, I thought about revisiting the shop, so I walked through the little alleyway to the back of the shop. I walked into the shop, not seeing the blond girl behind the counter, just mumbling a "Hello" before walking around. "How are you, Lexi?" I didn't recognize the voice immediately, but when I turned and saw her face, I knew her. "Cherry, oh my god, how are you? I forgot you in Ireland." we were embarrassed. Cherry looked a little unhappy. "I'm so sorry about Half-Sack. He was a great friend," I said, leaning against a shelf. "Me too, especially for you. You two were also close." I nodded. "Yeah, I uhm, I found Kip in Jax House. I tried to do something, but he was already dead." I started to tear up. "Oh, Lex," we both sniffed and hugged. Cherry talked for a long time; she told me about her life here, and I told her about the fight Juice and I had. "But you, who are cool now?" she asked. I nodded. "Yeah, he proposed." I almost whispered. "Here in Ireland?" Cherry asked. I nodded. "this morning." I showed her the ring and told her what happened that morning. "That is so romantic." Cherry looked at the ring. "Liam and I are together, but some things have been fishy for a few weeks." Cherry sounded concerned. "What's wrong? Tell me?" I stepped closer, and finally, she opened up about Money and an apartment at the Port Liam bought. "Huh, that's so weird, but the money thing is more weird than the apartment." I said, thinking for a second. A roaring of machines let us look up, and a group of bikes drove past the shop. "There back." I walked out the back not knowing what happened upstairs while in the shop. As I entered, I saw ash-grey faces smeared, all exhausted. "What the fuck happened?" I asked, walking up to Jax. "Not now, Sis, do me a favor and take Chibs with you." Jax nodded to the Scot, and just then, I saw he had puffy eyes from crying. "Chibby, what happened?" I walked up to him. He started bawling his eyes out on my shoulder. I turned to Juice with a questioning look. "You and this one are coming with me. Come on, Chibby." I led Chibs into the apartment with Juice behind me. I brought both of them beer and sat down. "We got played by Jimmy. He didn't show up as he said he would. There was an explosion. We lost five of our guys." Juice took a deep breath. "Paddy was one of them." he said. "Oh, Chibby, I'm so sorry." Again, Chibs sniffed and took a deep breath.