24 - Nothing good

Start from the beginning

Someone knocked on the door, snapping me out of my relaxed state. My muscles tensed again.

"Who is it?"

"Batman."

I smiled. "Come in, Dahlia."

Dahlia, wearing a black hoodie and a pair of jeans stepped inside. Vaness, who had been cuddled in her arms, launched towards me as soon as she saw me. I took her in my arms, petting her head.

"So, Batman," I said. "What do you need?"

She smiled. "I need to get back to work, Hedeon."

The bookstore.

"It wouldn't be safe," I said. "Unless you agree to let one of you be with you all the time."

She leaned against the door frame, stuffing her hands in the pockets of her hoodie. "You're eager to get sick of me."

"I'm eager to get to know you."

"I'm not as interesting as you think, Hedeon." She smiled. "I'm just another failed gifted student."

"How have you failed?"

"Didn't go to college, and some other stuff. Ask my dad, he'll give you a list."

She walked deeper into the room, closer to me. She looked at Vaness in my arms. "She loves you."

"She has good taste." I rubbed Vaness' back. She was quite cute. "What about you, Dahlia?"

"Do I have good taste?"

"You taste good," I said. "That's all I know, for now."

Her cheeks pinked, eyes getting shy. "Hush it," she grumbled under her breath and took Vaness from my arms. "You lost your cat privileges."

"For speaking the truth?"

Red cheeks, now. Fucking adorable.

"Andros will go with you," I said, standing up. "He'll keep you safe."

She nodded. "Okay."

"And, Dahlia?"

"Hm?"

I walked towards her till I was standing right in front of her. "You agreed to a date with the four of us."

"...I did?"

"We intend to have that date today."

"Oh."

"Yes," I said. "So, be prepared."

"Prepared for what?"

"For anything you'd allow us to do to you," I said easily, cupping her face. I kissed her, wrapping an arm around her to bring her gently towards us and not squash Vaness who watched criously.

"What if I don't allow you to do anything?" Her voice was breathy. Her eyes were on my lips.

"Then, we'll just enjoy the dinner." I pecked her lips. "I expect nothing, Dahlia. But, I'd like to do a lot of things to you tonight."

Dahlia

I felt dizzy the whole day thinking about what Hedeon had said. It was a really good distraction. I barely thought about the nightmare.

And Andros poking around my store helped with trying to not think about the nightmare, too.

"Dahlia, love, how much discount do you have for people you like?"

"People I like should give me more money."

He laughed, setting a few books on the counter. "I'd like to buy these."