Love and Pain

I do not own Twilight or The Vampire Diaries.

Bpov:

I woke up the next morning an went to check on Elena. I quietly walked into Stefan's room an noticed that he was alone in the bed. I then checked Damon's room but Damon was alone too. Where the hell is she. I quickly got dressed and headed to the Gilbert house.

*Gilbert House*

I noticed that Elena's car was in the drive way and walked inside. I went upstairs to see both Elena and Jeremy painting their parents/Aunt Jenna's/Alaric's old room.

"Going darker, huh," I asked them.

"It's the only color we had," replied Elena.

"That's what happens when you decide to paint your dead guardian's room in the middle of the night," said Jeremy.

"I don't suppose anyone tried to talk you guys out of doing this...so soon," I asked them.

"We have to keep moving otherwise we'll start thinking and I don't want to think," said Elena.

"If you're trying to help us out then why don't you do the right thing and give us one day. Just one day without any vampires in it," snapped Jeremy.

He walked out of the bedroom.

"He didn't mean that," said Elena.

"Yeah...yeah he did," I laughed humorlessly.

"I should get going anyways I'm part of the clean-up committee with Rebekah," I told Elena.

"Ok I'll see you later," replied Elena.

"Bye," and I got in my car and drove to school.

*At School*

I found Rebekah in the cafeteria cleaning up some empty red cups.

"Where's Matt," I asked her.

"He bailed. Got called into work at the last minute," said Rebekah.

"Are you kidding me? So it's just us," I asked her.

"Yes, and you're late. Clean-up committee started at 8:00," stated Rebekah.

"It's like 8:02," I replied.

"Exactly. I managed to turn up on time and I didn't even get to attend the dance that I organized," whispered Rebekah.

"I'm sorry about your mom. I mean, I know you like, hated her and everything but still. I'm sorry," I said sincerely.

"Sorry about your teacher. He seemed like a nice guy," replied Rebekah.

"Yeah. He was," I whispered.

"I'm going to get started on the gym," said Rebekah walking out of the cafeteria.

I know she is having a hard time and all with her brother and her mom but she doesn't have to be a bitch to me, we are friends, instead of being bitchy to me she needs to talk to me.

Suddenly a loud crash came from outside, I checked to see what it was and I saw Alaric about to stake Rebekah I vamped over and pinned him against the lockers while Rebekah staked him...but the stake didn't work. We both vamped away, I ran to my car and tried to find the right key but Alaric was already behind me. He grabbed my neck and then everything went dark.

Spov:

I decided to go and check on Elena and Jeremy to see how they are doing. Once I got there Elena and Jeremy were in the kitchen talking about paint.

"Oh hey Stefan," smiled Elena.

'How are you guys," I asked them.

'How do you think," snapped Jeremy.

The doorbell rang.

"I'll get that," I smiled.

Bonnie and Damon where at the door. Bonnie had dried blood on her neck.

"We have a problem," said Damon who was holding Bonnie.

Rpov:

"Alaric Saltzman is suppose to be dead," said Nik.

I just finished telling him about my little run in with Alaric.

"Well he's not! And he's a vampire thanks to mother's spell with a white oak stake that can't kill him. He's stronger Nik. Too strong," I said nervously.

"Where is he now," asked Nik.

"Stuck at the school without a daylight ring, but as soon as night falls he'll come after us. We need to leave now," I said cautiously.

"Fine. I'll collect Elena and we'll be on are way," said Nik.

"Forget Elena! You don't need any more stupid hybrids," I exclaimed.

"What I need is protection from Esther's continued assaults against us," said Nik.

"We'll protect each other, like we always have. Always and Forever Nik," I replied.

"I'm not leaving without her," said Nik.

"I'm leaving now. You can either walk out that door with me or you are on your own," I stated.

He just stared at me.

"Fine. Trust your hybrids over your family. Let your spite be the death of you. See if I care," I said pushing past him.

"Move it sire boy," I told Tyler, pushing him out of the way.

Bpov:

I woke up and I couldn't move. My hands were pinned down to the desk with pencils, a vervain covered towel was in my mouth, each breathe was like inhaling needles. I looked up to see Alaric sitting at his desk. He just smiled at me. Why is he doing this! He picked up his phone and dialed a number.

Alaric- Bold Other Voice- Elena

"Whoever this is it's not funny," said the other person. Elena!

"Who else would it be," asked Alaric.

"Ric," asked Elena shocked.

"Listen closely. I'm at the school. I have Isabella. And if you want to keep her alive I need you to get into your car and come down here right away. If you tell anyone where you are going, I will kill her," warned Alaric and he hung up on her.

I'm going to die...that's it...it's over. Even if Elena does come and try to save me that doesn't mean that Alaric will keep his promise. It's his alter ego speaking, not the Ric we love.

TADA! I hope you enjoy this chapter! I'm basing the story off the time line of The Vampire Diaries that is why some of the lines in this chapter are from The Vampire Diaries. I hope you enjoy! Make sure to review!