12

This is basically a 3 part series of chapters here. There will be 12 and 12.5 in Ash's POV (Yeah, I know, lots of Ash lately. But Alice's POV would have no relevance here. This is where the story picks up, bros. I know we've been going kind of slow and steady but nah. NEIN. These are supposed to be long, but if they aren't then OOOPS) And chapter 13 will be in Alice's POV finishing off this climax. Great things are to come. Great things. Well, not for them, but for this...You know...what am I trying to say?

For the record, in case you ever get scared I'm going to write about two people doing 'the deed' I'm not. I'm not that sexual.

chapter 12 - ash

I was running, sprinting, feet almost gliding beneath me. I pumped one foot in front of the other, gaining distance from the guys chasing me. If I stopped now, I'd pass out. I just knew it. I was going way too fast. I could only see blurs of color as I ran. I slowed a bit and ducked under a man carrying boxes then popped back up. I slid past a mother and her child and rolled my eyes. I leaped on top of a car, running over it and hopping back onto the sidewalk, feet hitting the pavement hard. I gritted my teeth, and tried to stretch my ankles a bit, managing to keep pace.

"ASH!" one of them yelled from behind me and I turned my head, catching a glimpse of him flashing me a knife.

"Shit," I swore, and continued running, even faster.

I guess I should explain what's happened here and why I was running from a couple of guys with knives. Let me start from the beginning.

Juliet was in town, finally, after over a year. I never called her Juliet, only Jules. My favorite thing about her were her eyes. They were emerald green, and they were each the same color. They always made me jealous. I would look sexy as hell with green eyes. Plus, she was the closest thing I had to a friend at the time. Though, I wasn't sure what we had was a friendship per se.

I opened my bedroom door, and she yelled at me, "Not yet!" I smiled, closing the door again. Though by looking at me she wouldn't be able to tell, I was ecstatic about her visit. In an odd way, I loved Jules. She was the only person I looked forward to seeing.

I first met her when I was 14 and she was 16. We were at a party. A highschool party. I had just eased into high school parties, introducing myself as River to anyone who approached me. Jules was sipping a cup of beer and I was mesmerized by her body. She may have been the prettiest girl I'd ever seen at the time. She peaked over the cup and spotted me, waving me over. My heart began pounding and I smiled sheepishly, hands in pockets, approaching her.

"H-hi, I'm River!" I introduced, offering her a clammy hand. She laughed, shaking it.

"I'm Juliet. You can call me Julie." she removed her hair from her face, pulling it up and tying it with a scrunchie. Why do girls love those things? I thought to myself. Rain has, like, 1000.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I looked at her a moment, deciding Julie didn't fit her, "How about Jules?" I questioned, watching as she scoffed, brushing her bang behind her ear.