Chapter Eleven

Marcello's pov:
I haven't seen my fiore(flower) since we spoke about the proposal two days ago and I'll get to hear her answer today. I'm anticipating it. I really want her to accept because I have this burning desire to have her and be close to her. I really hope that bitch Carmella stays away from me. She's been going around telling people that we are in a relationship and I'm going to propose to her soon. And I tell you, that's never going to happen.

I decided to take a walk in the garden today just to clear my head. Business has taken over my time and it's beginning to get to me. I walk through the fountain and I hear someone crying. I slowly walk closer to the bench in front of the fountain and I spot a small frame sitting there and instantly, I know that it's my little flower. Her body is hunched over and she's crying loudly. I move further away from the area and decide to give her some privacy and head to my study to wait for her. Maybe I'll ask her why she was crying.

**************
"What are you doing here Carmella?" She is standing at the door of my study.

"Marcello I came to see you."

"It's Don to you." I said gritting my teeth. I indicate for her to move and put the passcode to my door and she enters after me.

"What are you here to see me for? Make it quick."I was already getting impatient.

"I wanted to know if I should still convey the time of the meeting to the rest."

"Yes. Tell them that everyone should be there on time. We have a lot to go over," I pick up my phone to make a call. "If that is all, you can leave."

She walks towards me swaying her hips and perches herself on my desk in front of me. Sitting in a seductive way.

"Why don't we do something quickly before I leave. I've missed you so much Don." She rubs her hand up and down her body in what I think she feels to be seductive but it's quite disgusting. If I do say so myself.

"Get off my desk."

But, she doesn't listen and reaches her hand out to touch my crotch. I grab her hand holding it tightly. I open my mouth to speak and I hear a soft knock on the door.

"This should be the very last time you try this Carmella or else I'll squeeze the life out of you next time. I don't want to repeat myself for the second time." I drop her hand. She didn't even need to be told twice before she was already out of my sight going to the door.

"Come in." The door gets pushed open and Jade walks in. Upon seeing her, I get calm and even forget that I was at the brink of doing something nasty to someone a moment ago. From where I'm sitting, I see Carmella give her the stink eye and huffs angrily out of my office.

"Come have a sit Jade." She slowly moves forward and sits gently on my sit with her shoulders hunched and her head bent just the way she was in the garden.

"Let's get right to it." I remove the contact papers from my desk drawer and give them to her with a pen.

"Take your time to read through it and give me an answer."

She doesn't say anything. And takes the papers to read them. While she takes her time going over them, I look at her intently to see if I can read the emotions on her face but, her head is still bowed.

After reading for about three minutes, she finally raises her head up and I get a good look at her red rimmed eyes and her beautiful face.

"If you agree, as stated there, you will be mine for six months to do as I please, you will have a monthly allowance and some clothes will be made available for you. You will also have a room next to mine. You are not allowed to enter my room without my permission." I state some of the things there.

"I will be free after all this?" Her voice comes out weak and defeated.

"Yes."

"I accept."

Without another word, she signs the paper and pushes it towards me.

"You can keep a copy. I'll have your things moved. Right now, I have a meeting to attend. I will see you later." I walk to the door and Jade gets up and walks towards me.

"Thank you." She looks up at me with her eyes moist with tears and the next second, she's out. I'm a bit taken aback but not surprised by her accepting my offer. I mean, which woman wouldn't? She's just like every other girl I've met.

There's was a smile on my face. Not that I get to smile everyday. How do I know that I had a smile on? Well, Stefano pointed that out and teased me but I was just happy that my proposal was accepted. It is like any other business deal I've made.

We get to the warehouse where the meeting was. My men greet me and we head straight to why the meeting was called in the first place.

"The armors are to be delivered tomorrow and I want no hitches in delivering them. I need a break down of what happened to our consignment a few days back." I point to one of my men. Donald "You. Get the officer that was in charge and bring him to me."

"Yes Don."

"We all know that the Enrique family have been on our necks since and are also looking for ways to get to us. Loyalty and I repeat LOYALTY is core in this family and anyone found doing otherwise would be treated as an enemy. You know what I mean," I look around the room at each of their faces and most of them look scared. "I need one person that is going to be a spy for us. Now, don't worry you will just be close enough to get the information we need to bring them down. We will have others watching and keeping you safe." I say that as a reassurance when I see them look around nervously.

"Back to work. We'll continue this conversation later." I dismiss them and head to the back room to go other some paperwork and make some calls.