Chapter 19: Elsie

"We go by the same rules as last time. Four minutes, tapping out or being grounded for ten seconds give a point to the opponent. The one with the highest score wins at the end." Brian lists, so serious all of a sudden that I feel my nervousness skyrocket.

I nod, examining him, searching for something I can use against him. His white sweatpants, his blue top and his very short hair, nothing is to my advantage. If anything, it makes me painfully aware that I don't stand a chance.

He takes a step back, mimicking my move. I exhale slowly, taming the nervousness in my stomach that shouldn't even be there and raise my fists.

"Well... I guess, game on." Alix shrugs.

Brian smiles slily at me, reducing the distance between us. Every background noise fades and my only focus is the muscular guy in front of me.

I eye his footwork, trying to foresee his next move. I plot in my head, searching for the combination I can do best. Then he attacks.

He steps forward, feinting an uppercut while he tries to grab my arm as I block the move. I seize his wrist and tug harshly on my arm, trying to get him to let go. He doesn't, smiling wickedly and yanks me toward him so his fist collides with my ribs.

I hastily block, squeeze the pressure point on his wrist with as much strength as I can muster. Pressure points are my forte, I localize most of them easily and you don't need to be strong to strike.

He swears, loosening his grip and my arm slips free. A small victory that doesn't last long. Brian is quick to counterattack. Throwing a punch that I manage to block at the last second, followed by a fast kick that I dodge clumsily, stumbling.

He keeps this for what feels like minutes but is probably ten seconds; overwhelming me with attacks so aggressive, containing so much strength that I struggle to avoid them and not leaving a place for me to do anything else than defend.

He frowns, slightly frustrated as he never manages to hit and takes another step forward. I punch the pressure point on his shoulders full force.

I hear a strangled gasp but Brian is too used to it to let the pain distract him more than a millisecond. I watch, searching for the right moment to send the kick. Then I spot it.

But I apparently was too obvious as Brian looks like he saw it coming from miles away. He takes his time to block and counter attack, pushing hard on my leg and throwing me off balance m. I almost fall, stumbling backward and catching my balance by doing a cartwheel.

As soon as my feet touch the grounds, Brian yanks my arm toward him. I resist, all the while careful not to make myself too vulnerable even if this moment is necessary. Then I attack.

I grab his other arm, throw myself on my back at his feet all the while pushing on his stomach with my feet and tugging his arms over my head in hope of making him fly over my head.

It usually works. It's a sacrificial technique, though. You're either successful, or you have to get away from a position of utter weakness on the floor.

Brian stumbles forward, destabilized by my move, hastily sidestepping me. I manage to turn onto my stomach as his whole weight lands on me but after a moment of wrestling, he manages to choke me. I tap out and raise to my feets, slightly coughing.

"That's not the most suitable technique against Brian. It was pretty clean but the idiot is twice heavier than you. Try something else." I hear Tim coach as we reposition ourselves.

I nod, wiping my already sweaty forehead and eyeing Brian as I wheeze.

Brie is not sweaty at all. When I struggle to keep up with his muscles, he's not even out of breath, he looks offended instead.

"C'mon mate, you never coach me!" He whines, looking accusingly at Lucifer.

Tim casually shrugs. "You don't deserve my knowledge."

Even I scoff at that.

"Glad to see you're on my side, Elizabeth." Brian grins at me, cracking his knuckles. I give him an unimpressed look. "C'mon, you're not that bad. Don't lose hope yet, where is the fun if you're not disappointed in the end." He mocks.

If I had enough breath, I would probably tell him to shut the fuck up, no matter Tim reaction's. I just shoot him a glare though, trying to think of a way to beat him.

"1-0 to Brian. Three minutes and twenty seconds left. Game back on." Alix announces, hands gripping the stopwatch.

I huff, refocusing. I just conceded one point. It's up to me to make up for that.

~~~~~~~~~~

Double-update :)