Chapter 2: Elsie

I jump out of my seat, alarmed by her serious expression.

What the hell?

"Are you kidding me?"

She gives me a stern look.

"Watch your tone, Ms. Hall. I will not tolerate disrespect. Besides, do I look like I'm joking?"

"No, that's what scares the shit out of me!"

She stands calmly. "Enough of this." Her voice is calm, ruthless. "Sit. Down. This is the way it is and there is no way around it." She clears the desk of some files to reveal a tablet embedded in the table in front of me. "Here is the form you will fill out. The results will tell us what BDSM category you fall into. I strongly advise you to answer the questions truthfully. Being here may suck to you, but believe me, having to act and be treated like someone you are not will be close to the worst experience of your life." She levels me with a look. "You have fifteen minutes."

Without another word, she walks around her desk and out of the room, her heels clicking on the floor.

I remain frozen in place, even though I made sure to stay on my feet.

My first thought is that she must be a very trusting person to leave me alone in her office with all these tearable and obviously important documents.

My second thought is, "Did my parents know about this?"

Who am I kidding? Of course they knew. They have done everything they can to make my life miserable since that day. They are sure that I will hate it here and that if I have to submit to someone in this place, I will submit to them again.

I almost laugh at how pathetic it is. As if.

I still have a problem, though. I sigh and glance at the tablet, which simply shows "Form" in capital letters. I click on it and it changes to "Question 1 out of 300". I don't really have a choice, so I make the least risky decision and play along. With three seconds per question minus the time I've already spent thinking, I'll never finish in time, so don't rush. I cooperate, they already have something to be happy about.

Most of the questions are multiple choice. Some are profound, such as how I would feel or how I would react in complicated and very specific situations, or choosing adjectives from a list to describe how I see myself, while others are simply about my habits, interests or sexual orientation. I quickly begin to feel exposed, vulnerable, but I try to ignore my uneasiness as best I can. There was a note on the form explaining that any answer will only be used for the purpose of this test and will be deleted as soon as the result came in. I'm not sure if I trust these people, but it certainly helps, because I don't think I would have been so honest otherwise.

As soon as I click on "Send answers" after the 300th question, the door opens. Even though I don't turn around to see who has entered, the sound of heels betrays the presence of Ms. Abner.

She sits at her desk and leans forward.

"I will overlook your disobedience, in this case to my time instructions, one last time," she says patiently. "We have a few matters to discuss until the test results come back... which should be in about ten minutes. First, what do you know about BDSM relationships?"

I wince, realizing that I know nothing. For one thing, the only reason I know what BDSM was was because I once asked my parents what that acronym I saw meant when I was little, and their only answer was so narrow-minded I don't even want to remember it. I've never researched it, and it's not like a boyfriend could have introduced me to it; I was so unpopular that talking to me was a tragedy in itself.

I fidget in my seat. The urge to go skateboarding hits me hard, as it always does when I am in over my head.

"Every relationship is intricate and unique but I can sum up as best I can. There is a submissive and a dominant in a BDSM relationship. The dominant is responsible for the submissive, so it is their job to make sure that the submissive follows the rules and is appropriately punished if they break them, but it is also their role to protect them and care for them."

She then goes on about how a submissive, on the other hand, respects and obeys his dominant without reservation and basically surrenders to him completely. Yeah, whatever. That's not going to happen. I am sure I will find a way out of these relationships and enjoy celibacy.

Oblivious to my thoughts, she continues, outlining the different types of relationships. Light sub - light dom, little - daddy/mommy dom, pet or slave - master/mistress, brat - brat tamer when a knock interrupts the flow of words.

"Come in, Brigitte."

Silently, a secretary brings her a folder and leaves as quickly as she arrived. Ms. Abner doesn't carry on with her speech. She simply glances at the file, asks Brigitte to summon someone before dismissing her, then takes her time reading, looking at me from time to time, arching an eyebrow.

All I want is to take that folder and ask why she's being so impolite all of a sudden but I clasp my hands in my lap and wait patiently.

"Did you answer all the questions truthfully, Ms. Hall?"

Oh my god, is she reading my answers?

"Yes." I nod, my cheeks burning.

She keeps her eyes on that piece of paper for a few more seconds before setting it aside and looking at me weirdly.

"Is there a problem?" I ask, not bothering to hide my annoyance.

"Not apart from your tone, Ms. Hall. I was just reading the results of the test. You are a brat. You were matched with a dominant that will be here shortly. He will show you the room you will share and from now on, is in charge of your punishments."

"Wh-"

A knock followed by the opening of a door cuts me off. I turn to see the cutest person I have ever seen. His fluffy light brown hair and slightly tanned skin give him a surfer vibe, his eyes as dark blue as a turbulent ocean. He bowed his head in respect for a few seconds before raising his eyes to the school's co-director, but even then he radiated an intimidating energy. He ignores my presence, looking through me as if I were transparent.

"With all due respect, ma'am, my decision remains the same regarding-" He begins, his voice deep.

"This is a match, Mr. Woods."

He looks surprised and the hint of a smile plays on his lips. It's adorable.

I don't bother with their conversation and quickly turn around to face Ms. Abner.

"As I was saying, what the fuck?" Two things. First, she said my dominant will be in charge of punishing me? I thought he was only supposed to make sure I was appropriately punished, not that he would do it himself. That's horrible and embarrassing. Second, we will share a room? I thought I would have at least one safe place but I am not sure I will be able to survive if I am "dominated" everywhere.. "How the hell- ?"

Ms. Abner holds up her hand.

"I'm going to stop you right there before you blatantly disrespect me again. Mr. Woods, meet your new sub, a brat. Miss Hall, meet your new Dom, a brat tamer. You are both dismissed."

I turn to look at him, my so-called new Dom, and furrow my brow. I almost do a double take. Anger seems to pour out of him, a storm brewing in his eyes. This time intimidating is an understatement. He takes a deep breath and in a heartbeat he is striding towards me, grabbing my wrist and pulling me behind him. I almost fall out of my chair.

"Hey!" I protest, trying to fight back. He doesn't even seem to notice. I stare at the pressure point on his forearm and hesitate. Really, I just want to go skateboarding.

He hisses and lets go of me, glaring at me. I immediately feel bad, even though he instantly grabs both my wrists, leaving me no choice, and pushes me in front of him for the rest of the walk.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! I hope you like the story so far.

Thoughts?