Chapter 10: Timothy

Soon after she asked me about "consequences", I hear the door of our space closing and there is no Elsie in her bedroom anymore. I sigh at the sound, wishing she had told me where she went just to be safe.

I plan on having a talk with her about it, alongside a lot of clarifications.

Putting those thoughts aside, I call my sister about some other shipment that was stolen before she claws my eyes out, start busying myself with homework, first dom duties such as preparing delegate meetings and before I know it, the alarm I set for dinner goes off.

I am really not looking forward to those delegate meetings. Some doms, including a few important ones, have been doing an exchange abroad and only got back yesterday, which means meetings have also been suspended. They were given today to rest but I can definitely wait for tomorrow, when I will discuss the organization and possible adjustments of student life in the presence of people like Ward, whose head I want to rip off.

Nevertheless, the return of all the doms also means the resumption of S-D history lessons. They are basic history lessons mandatory to every student. The slight difference is that, as a dom, you attend with your sub — if you have one — and Mr. Yates likes to put to the test the relationships and both the doms' and subs' competences.

That's why, when someone has a new sub, it's on the dom's word that one of the sub's subjects becomes S-D History instead of the regular History. I already received a text from Stanford reasserting his doubts so tomorrow will be Elsie's first S-D class. We definitely have a lot to talk about.

I go down the stairs and furrow my brows. Brian and Alix are in the kitchen, cooking dinner, and Brian, Savanna and their sub are chatting at the table but Elsie is nowhere to be seen. I sigh, remembering we didn't exchange numbers. I hope she has a valid reason to be late and nothing happened to her.

Brian and Jason throw me concerned looks, like I might have killed her, Alix gazes at me with distaste and Savanna just rolls her eyes. I stay silent. I can't believe that after a little more than a week, Elsie has every person in this room that matters wrapped around her finger.

We are halfway through dinner when the front door opens. I turn around, looking at my sub. She's in sportswear, leggings hugging her sweet curves, a helmet in one hand and knees covered with protection. Out-of-breath, her hair in a ponytail and her face red, she has a fucking satisfied grin on her that makes me want to smile.

She looks at us, eyes colliding with mine and winces.

"Hi."

She climbs up the stairs in a hurry, leaving a flabbergasted room behind her.

"Well... glad you didn't kill her." Jason comments.

"Yet." Alix mutters under her breath.

I instantly scowl at both, Jason sticks his tongue out like a six-year-old, making Sarah giggle, and Alix gives me an innocent smile.

"Maybe I should report that..." Savanna pipes up, as if mumbling to herself. "A bit earlier, Mr. Stanford looked concerned about your ability to tame her. He even asked Ward about it."

That triggers me and I want to unleash my anger on her. My scowl deepens, hands fisting, and everyone at the table glares.

We're putting the dishes in the sink when she comes back, hair damp and baggy clothes on. Her bright smile and air of pure bliss clashes with my mood and I just want to put sunglasses on.

She hesitantly walks toward me so I grab her hand and drag her away from the group. "You have things to explain, Sunnish." I say harshly.

Her smile disappears but everything about her still screams joyful. "It won't happen again. I didn't see the time. I know it's a lame justification but it's the truth."