Return to HQ, Please Don't Hurt me Viper!: Chapter 50 Saga 2

Narrator POV

The opening bay to the VLT/R's opened as the vehicle landed inside its designated spot as Brimstone, Cypher, Sage and Jett watched the Vehicle land and shut down. Brimstone watched the door swing open as your head popped out as you looked around.

Sage: Phoenix! You're ok!

Y/N: I will be, as long as you don't kill me...

Brimstone: We aren't going to kill you kid. (Viper might, but I won't)

You leaped out of the hangar door. You walked a little closer as Jett sped over with a big embrace. You were caught off guard by the force, so you took a few steps back to catch her a little bit. Everyone watched as Sage's face was as red as a tomato. You felt her head press into your chest, a little embarrassed at the hug.

Y/N: J-Jett?

Jett: You idiot, getting yourself killed like that. And look at the mess you made at Venice!

Brimstone: She's right, what happened there is a tragedy, and we may not recover from it for a very long time. All the people there...

Understandably it was really the only thing on your mind the entire few minutes ride back, making sure that you had to think about everything. You failed, hard. Much to your own dismay, it was too much to call not even a partial success in any sense of the word. The fight with Jett left the city to be uprooted and shot into the sky with no sign of ever coming down.

All the people and their homes, their families destroyed, the feeling sunk down below to the bottom of your stomach, letting it perforate. You shuttered at the thought as you sighed in fits of regret, guilt, and overall shame.

Cypher: Even so, we knew that at some point this was going to happen. The fact that Omega decided to do it now, are they getting desperate? Or have they realized something we haven't, it making my head spin, and I don't like not knowing things.

Sage: What do we do now? Our other options would be only to just wait and see what they do, yes?

Brimstone put his thumb and his index finger to the bridge of his nose and sighed.

Brimstone: That's our problem, waiting around will get us nowhere and even if we had the information to act, would we even do it?

Cypher: I would say its very unwise to do so.

Brimstone: For now, all we can do is relax and see where this goes, where the directions of the wind take us.

Cypher: Like I always say—

Jett: Please no more life lessons.

Cypher: Oh, c'mon, it was a good one Jett.

Jett: Nope, you've said too many this past week, I don't want to hear any more. I can live a completely fulfilling life without your input, thank you very much.

You were still being completely glomped by Jett as Brimstone turned towards you with a stern look on his face.

Brimstone: It looks like you still have a lot to work on Phoenix, looks like we'll have to up more of your training.

Y/N: Yes sir.

Brimstone: That's what I like to hear. Now get some rest, and we'll continue our work tomorrow, when this begins to settle.

You looked down at Jett as you patted her head a few times to let go as she slowly unwrapped her arms from your side. She still had her rather unapologetic look on her face, accompanied by her rather large smile.

Looking back, you were glad that at least this one wasn't aiming a gun at you, nor was she trying to destroy the world. Still, she looked so familiar... Oh well.