A Sage's Advice: Chapter 8 Arc 2

Narrator pov

Viper and Sage moved through the hotel room as they both walked side by side. They were in more regular clothes as they moved past some people as they kept walking through the hallway of the large hotel. They were in California, which was close enough to the base of the headquarters' to travel within a few hours, but not close enough for people to know where it is in mere minutes or just looking.

Sage: You said he had no control over his power, yes?

Viper: I did. He has extraordinary power, unfortunately that comes with uncontrollability. He has attempted a few times, but every time has been... Unfortunate.

Sage: So you want me to help him keep it under control?

Viper: I am hoping that a wielder of powerful Radiant power, could help another with the same problem. I could have asked others, but you seemed much more... Valuable at the moment then Jett, and Reyna is gone for a while.

Sage: I hope to prove useful then. You seem to have high hopes for him as well, I have not since doubted your choices after how useful Breach has been.

Viper: The fact that you even doubted me, is quite annoying. Just make sure he has the power to stop and beat anything Brim might throw at him. We only have a few days, please make them count.

Sage: I will do my best.

Viper and Sage made their way to the hotel room as Viper opened the door. She looked around as the room was perfectly fine, except 5 or 6 energy drink cans on the desk next to the second bed. She saw a large lump under the covers as she sighed and walked over to the bed.

She ripped the covers away as you were sleeping while sleeping in a fetal position as you opened your eyes a little bit.

Viper: Get up, it's time to train.

Sage: I guess the trip here knocks everyone out.

You turned around as you saw Viper with a new girl. She looked to be from an Asian country and had a very long ponytail almost reaching to her hips. You closed your eyes for a moment as you collected yourself and felt a little embarrassed as you quickly got out of the bed and looked for a change of clothes.

Y/N: W-W-Wait!

Viper: Better hurry.

You quickly had a change of clothes as you brushed yourself off and made your way towards the new woman. You were taller than here by a decent bit, whereas Viper was only 3 inches shorter. You held out your hand as she shook it and smiled at you.

Sage: I am Sage. It is nice to meet you.

She bowed to you as you felt a little embarrassed.

Sage: Viper told me you are a Radiant, is that correct?

Y/N: Yeah, I have been for a while now.

Sage: Then I guess you and I are alike in a good way too.

Viper: She is here to teach you about controlling your power. Sage has... An incredible gift, the gift of healing is rare and few between people, even now with Radiants. You are honored to be taught by her. ( Even if she is... Don't get man Viper, it's the past.)

Y/N: Oh! Then I guess... I am honored to be in your care.

Sage: Please, do not think of it like that. I hope to see more of your power so that I can see you on our side. If Viper is praising you as she is, then you will be a valuable asset to our team.

Y/N: She was Praising me?

Viper: Of course, your talent with new situations and circumstances is impressive. Not to mention your Radiant power is something I have never seen.