Brilliant Radiance(18+): Chapter 45 Saga 2

Viper POV

I carried Frost's dead body on my back, as the door to my lab opened up as I walked closely. I quickly sat the body down on the main table as I typed quickly on my main computer, bringing up the main diagram of the human body for reference.

I sat the body of Frost, Jack Konoali, burned to a crisp as I put my surgical mask on, replacing my poison mask on the table. I quickly grabbed a scalpel as I opened the part of his chest that was still closed off.

His body was absolutely destroyed, almost nothing survived but parts of his bones and some of the skin attached. His organs were completely burned away, leaving nothing but an empty skeleton inside of the broken man.

Frost, why did he do all that he did? He was such a strong force, especially when we got him into Valorant some years ago. He was a bright eyed, young man, with a fire in his eyes. Brimstone and I both saw it, and we needed strength like that. Sage sought her idea of training him, he was still a young inexperienced Radiant after all.

But... He changed . His missions got more and more dangerous, but he didn't care, he kept taking more of them. His pride grew as much as his ego, but more so did his power. The ability to control the air and ice around him was a strong ability, but coupled with Frost's battle sense... It was like he was made for it.

However, as Brimstone and I began to notice this change in temperament, we had to confront him. The missions began more solo, he was taking too many risks that we couldn't take. I had to tell him.

That night I saw something in his eyes that I saw time and time again, a person with too much power. A king thinking it's his right to rule... But I scoffed the notion away, when he said he would get better... He never did.

It got worse, his thirst for strength was too much and when he and Reyna got into that argument... It didn't end well for either side. We were given a task that day, a decision, and unfortunately for Frost it did not favor him.

That night I put a bullet in his head, while he was sleeping. It was disgusting, it was shameful but the satisfaction I felt as I saw the light instantly leave his eyes... It was like a pleasure I never had before... Nor did I really want to.

We buried his body after we completely destroyed it, and forbade anyone from speaking of him... So when we realized that the other world contained the same people... I wasn't really sure what to do. I was utterly astonished, what ever happened here, it could have happened to the same people over there... But it didn't.

They were different, even the little we knew. Sova was one of the only ones to know about this world, we met his own self many years ago. The golden boy met his own match, told us he almost killed him...He let him go, but I wish that wasn't the case.

I shook my head as I put on new gloves and searched the body. Counting through the diagram, it seemed that everything was normal, Radiants had the same body makeup that humans also shared, what was different was their genetic makeup. There was something in their bodies that could change that humans didn't have.

Theories popped up all over the world about what it could truly be, but even we aren't sure, still doing studies of different people. Frost was the same, but his bones had signs of ice scarring, the kind when people die of frostbite.

I kept searching his body, rooting through the parts of his body that still looked whole. Some parts of his jacket still remained as I quickly rooted through them for anything... There.

As I put my hand into his front jacket pocket, the one to his left side there was a square almost case-like object. I pulled it out quickly as it looked like a disc case, but the case looked like a different material, green and black in color, shaped into the case shape.