Phoenix Vs. Roni Dorian: Chapter 23

Narrator pov

You stared at the purple armor as purple energy flowed through it as the red light was blaring all around the room. You reached for a weapon as you remembered that you weren't supposed to bring a weapon that could reveal yourself. The man in the armor was moving as he was getting adjusted to the power.

Roni: Yes... This is it...

Y/N: You sick and twisted fucker.

Roni: Oh? You think yourself better? Tell me Marshal... If that is even your real name... What do you think about all the people that fell to people like you?

Y/N: Radiants?

Roni: What else could I mean? Not everyone shoots fire out of their palms... Well?

Y/N: I have no idea what you are referencing right now.

Roni: What I mean is... Do you remember the uprising? The one 9 years ago?

Y/N: I do...

Roni: It was a terror, people from all over with those newly found powers, they used their powers to destroy and hurt. Do you remember when they destroyed the entirety of New York City? The people who all died?

You could only think back to all the horrible destruction you heard about on the news when you were younger. The rising of New Radiant powers only resulted in destruction, Loss of Life, and the restriction of all Radiants. You could only think about the fire burning around New York City as you tried to forget it.

Roni: They destroyed everything... You destroyed everything.

Y/N: I have nothing to do with that!

Roni: YOU HAVE EVERYTHING TO DO WITH IT! YOU CAUSED THIS! THEY CAUSED THIS. You couldn't think, not one person stood up to the onslaught. How do you think this was all started, this project...

Y/N: You don't mean?

Roni: Yes... Nine years ago this was started...Nine years ago I founded the R.O.B project, I knew what I was getting into...

Y/N: Your daughter...

Roni: Merely a coincidence... Nothing more. I cared for her like any father would, so that her days could be filled with wonder and joy. However... She can only blame fate for the unfortunate circumstances that brought to her.

The agents were all listening and watching from the body camera as the armor was till glowing brightly. Cypher clutched the chair he was sitting in as Brimstone was contacting Sova.

Brimstone: Phoenix is in trouble!

Sova: I am moving to his location now, using the Vulture to get over the building. I will notify any changes and relay them back to you within the moment.

Sova moved to the pilot's seat as he saw the building and people watching the building as he saw that the police were on their way. He pressed a few buttons on his screen as he opened up the side door to the Vulture as he watched the building from up high as the rain was pouring down into the night.

He pulled out a bow and arrow as he fired one off into the window of the building. His right eye glowed blue as he scanned the entire building. Not a single person, except for two heat signals near the very bottom, were hard to read and quite small but they were there.

Sova: Location found... Phoenix I am coming to help!

Y/N: Heard you loud and clear...

Roni: I see, so you also are here for some reason... Whoever you may be talking to.

Y/N: That is no concern to you, and shouldn't be.... However, if you truly want to know... I am here with people here to stop all this nonsense, all this talk of making a better world. You don't like Radiants, I get it... But if you want to make a better place for all we have to learn to live with each other...