A Recruit's Dream: Chapter 12 Arc 2

Narrator pov

You fell to the floor as you started breathing heavily as you closed your eyes and took a deep breath. Brimstone and Sage were still confused about what happened. Brimstone went close to the bomb as attempted to pick it up. It was much lighter as he could hold it up with a single hand. He held it for a moment as he noticed the Defuser on the ground.

Brimstone:( He found the Defuser, and he was able to make it back in time to save this place. Where the hell did he go? This boy...)

Sage: Recruit! You're hurt!

Y/N: It's fine... I am... A tough cookie.

Sage was still shaking from the interaction as she tried to conjure her orb. She had a time doing so as she gripped her fists hard. She was going to die, and she was going to lose everything that she worked for. And for what?

Y/N: Sage?

Sage: I'm sorry... I can't do it.

Y/N:... It's fine... Still a little shaken up?

Sage: I....

Y/N: Lucky I got here in time then!

Brimstone: How did you find and know about a Defuser? And why didn't you communicate with me?

Y/N: My earpiece broke when all the smoke went down... Not to mention we were all separated anyway. I found the room where they held the spike. I could hear you guys talking about it, so I got here as quickly as I could, which... My body didn't appreciate it.

Brimstone: You found it!? Show me!

Y/N: Yeah... Just let me get up first.

You stood up as you brushed off some of the first and dust from the ground. Sage got up as she heard voices coming from her earpiece.

Jett: What is happening!? Did the bomb go off!?

Brimstone: The bomb has been defused, thanks to the new recruit.

Kay/O: The recruit!?

Raze: Sweet! I told you we wouldn't die!

Killjoy: How did he do it!?

Brimstone: He was able to get through the main force of enemies and get the Defuser they kept for emergency purposes. He saved me and Sage.

Viper: I see... It seems like you have come to like my suggestions?

Brimstone: I don't doubt you Viper, only the people themselves. But... It seems that he has proven himself.

Y/N: I can still hear it....

Brimstone: Good, maybe you will think more of yourself.

Sage: What now... Commander?

Brimstone: All agents, scour the area for any remaining. Then regroup, I will send the coordinates of the area in question.

He turned towards you as he smiled a bit.

Brimstone: Now, show me this room you speak of.

Later

You stood within the room with Brimstone and Sage as he was analyzing the information from the screen. He flicked through the loads of emails as he took a small flash drive and placed it into the main computer.

Sage: What does all of this mean, Brimstone?

Brimstone: I don't know, I would need Killjoy or Cypher to read through them all. But it looks to be detailed plans of this plan, attacking Split. I have already sent the coordinates to them, they should be here soon.