You Aren't Part of it!: Chapter 29 Arc 3

Narrator pov

Reyna walked through the hallway towards the meeting room as she saw Cypher walking towards it as well as he was scanning through what looked to be his phone as Reyna laughed a kind of louder laugh to grab his attention.

Reyna: Cypher, I hope you aren't doing anything... Secretive, on that device.

Cypher turned around at the sound of the new voice. He turned around to see Reyna in her typical outfit as he laughed more awkwardly towards her as he put away his device.

Cypher: Great to see you back Reyna, I thought you would have been back earlier but I heard there were many complications.

Reyna: It seems you have more information the rest of the team does, as per usual~

Reyna's almost seductive way of talking creeped Cypher out, it always had. Ever since she started, he started to notice a trend with more lucrative agents of the team. To him, Reyna was the definition of heartless, she often brought the old hard truth to every fight, even Viper couldn't compare.

Cypher: I try to keep up with everything around here, it helps me understand what we might be dealing with in the future.

Reyna: As long as it is not on me, I don't mind.

Cypher: I try not, as much as I can.

He really didn't want the conversation to go any further, as while he was prone to his wits around others, he knew Reyna would not be so appreciative of his quips as others might be.

Cypher and Reyna both made it to the meeting room as every agent was there that Reyna knew of, even Breach (who she made a habit of trying to keep at least 10 feet away from) was there for a morning briefing.

Jett: Sup Reyna!

Reyna: Hello Jett~ I hope you are ready for our special training again.

Jett: Oh you know I am!

Sage: Reyna, it is good to see you back, but we did not know you would be back.

Reyna: I know, it was supposed to be much earlier, but... Anyway, it is nice to be back.

Breach: And nice to see that face~

Breach made a more seductive face as Reyna kind of just stared at him as she laughed, but it only sounded like she was laughing at his joke, while she sat down next to Raze who was messing with another robot with Killjoy.

Kay/O was just sitting near Brimstone as he looked back to see Reyna talking to others near the table. His metal hands gripped the table as he was forced to calm himself down.

Viper also walked in during this time as she took off her mask and her lab coat as she held onto it as she sat across from Sage and the rest of the higher ranking agents. Ranks came with experience and mission success, in which she could tell who had the lowest based on where they were assigned to sit in the room,

Everyone knew this as they goal was to get as close as they could, as being higher ranked just meant more things you were told( as well as higher pay, but they seldom cared about that)

Viper also looked around to see one empty seat near the end of the table. She knew who that seat was for as she gripped her hand underneath the table as she stared back at Brimstone, who knew why the woman was staring back at him.

Reyna: Viper.

Reyna said with a soft almost dull greeting. Viper looked towards her as they both were just staring at each other.

Viper: Reyna.

To everyone else in the room, it was a very tense moment. Those two were top dogs when it came to feeling uncomfortable, but them together, and it was already a nasty storm brewing.