Chapter 30: Journey for Tomorrow

Start bij het begin

Mei: Kiana! Please, wake up!

She shouted, trying to call upon the name of her dear friend.

Kiana?: Pathetic

The lances behind her shoot towards Mei, forcing her to retreat in order to avoid the volley. Mei saw the thrown weapons pierce the ground harmlessly where she was standing prior.

Kiana?: Your struggle is meaningless

Empty black circles appear behind her, as if a hole is being torn in the fabric of space itself. More of her lances shot out from the pitch darkness of the void, hurtling towards Mei.

The girl reacted accordingly, dodging each one of the weapons while also making a charge toward her opponent.

Mei: I won't give up!

With the aid of the 3rd Herrscher's powers, she made another leap, once again swinging her katana. But just as before, the blade was blocked by a lance.

Mei: Give... Kiana back!

Mei unexpectedly releases her grip on her katana, allowing her to get close as she curls her fingers into a fist, delivering a hefty punch straight at Kiana's face.

Kiana?: Why you...!

She growls, her eyes widened in shock as her hand reaches to touch her cheek in disbelief.

In a fit of rage, she takes hold of Mei's slender neck, squeezing it tightly as she holds the helpless girl up as she could only struggle to break free.

Mei: Kiana... Wake up...

She could barely muster the words as her airways are being constricted. She desperately reaches a hand over to touch Kiana's face.

Mei: Kiana-chan...

Feeling Mei's fingertips brush her cheeks, Kiana's eyes widen, her eyes returning to their original azure blue as she blinks.

Kiana: Mei... senpai...?

Overwhelmed by the sudden realization of her actions, Kiana releases her grip on Mei, causing her to tumble to the ground, gasping for air.

Kiana then clutches her head tightly as she feels a searing pain, screaming in torment from the sensation.

Mei: Kiana...

.

.

.

.

.

Meanwhile, deep inside the facility of Helheim Labs, Akiri and Himeko are seen being held in a small cell, labeled Containment Bay 7.

It is a 15-square-meter room that is used to contain test subjects. The room was furnished with only a small bed, basic sanitary facilities and bare concrete walls.

The small single bed is occupied by a sleeping Himeko, while Akiri only sat in a corner of the room, leaning his back against the wall with a pair of handcuffs restraining his arms.

The boy is silently staring down at his feet. From the outside, he doesn't seem to be doing much, but in his head, he is already racking his brain for ways to break out of the cell.

Rita: Don't bother trying to escape

A familiar voice spoke out and he turned towards the reinforced glass door to see Rita.

Rita: You wouldn't want anything bad to happen to Dr. Tesla, do you?

The boy grits his teeth in frustration.