episode 20

𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐈

𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

"𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒂 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒂𝒚

"𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒂 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒂𝒚.. 𝑾𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅."

MILANI  was currently on her way to her grandmother's house with her ultrasound pictures.

"Hurry Von! This is her nap time" she smiled in content as Von pushed the gas, they stopped at a red light as a red car sped by and she could've sworn she saw someone familiar.

The red light seemed like it stayed forever as Milani looked at the ultrasound pictures in her hands.

About 5 minutes later she felt the car move and looked up to see Von arriving at the destination as she saw a familiar license plate zoom down the street.

"Weird.." She mumbled to herself.

When the car was in park she told Von to wait in the car and hoisted herself out, rubbing over her stomach she walked through the slightly ajar with a bad feeling resting in her gut.

"Grandma?" She called out as she looked at her grandmother resting on the floor, slightly blinking.

An earth shattering scream rippled through Milani as the blood soaked into the ground, dropping her pictures at the door she ran to her grandmother, Levering her into the younger girls lap allowing tears to flow freely down her cheeks.

"Not again.." She whispered to no one in particular as she watched her grandmothers chest slightly move as she took her final breaths.

"Mama.. Is there anything I can do, I can do something." She cried out as her Grandmother shook her head moving her mouth to mutter something.

"J-just comf-fort me in my last moments." She stuttered, blood spilling out of her mouth as the younger girls wails got louder.

She could hear a car door slam but it was like it was muffled, she watched her grandmother's eyes flicker shut as she inhaled for the last time.

The scream that left Milani's mouth frightened Dayvon as he saw the woman he adored hold her grandmother tightly as the woman seemed to fade.

She tried to grasp onto her grandmother for as long as she could, telling her that she'll be okay.

Trying to convince herself she could come back.

But now she was grabbing thin air.

The body she once held was gone and forever rested.

Choked sobs left Milani's mouth as Dayvon pulled her into a hug and rocked her back and forth, she melted into him..

A perfect day turned sour by jealous motives.

A strong smell of flowers invaded the couples senses as Milani slightly calmed down.

The breeze wooshing her hair as it felt like kisses were being peppered onto her face.

"𝖦𝗂𝗋𝗅 𝗇𝗈.. 𝖶𝗂𝗍𝖼𝗁𝖾𝗌 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝗆𝗒𝗌𝖾𝗅𝖿 𝗍𝗎𝗋𝗇 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗈 𝖿𝗅𝗈𝗐𝖾𝗋𝗌 𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝗐𝖾 𝖽𝗂𝖾, 𝖨 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗇𝖺 𝖻𝖾 𝖺 𝗉𝗎𝗋𝗉𝗅𝖾 𝗈𝗇𝖾." 𝖬𝗌 𝖦𝗋𝖺𝗇𝖽𝖺 𝗌𝖺𝗂𝖽 𝗉𝗈𝗌𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖺𝗌 𝖬𝗂𝗅𝖺𝗇𝗂 𝗅𝖺𝗎𝗀𝗁𝖾𝖽 𝖺𝗍 𝗁𝖾𝗋.

"𝖭𝗈𝗐 𝖦𝗋𝖺𝗇𝖽𝗆𝖺." 𝖲𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗈𝗄 𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝖽 𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗅𝖺𝗎𝗀𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖺𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗍𝗐𝗈 𝗌𝗁𝖺𝗋𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝖺𝗆𝖾 𝖾𝗑𝗉𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗌𝗂𝗈𝗇.

She smiled at the fond memory, years stained on her face as Von rocked her back and forth.

"She's still here, watching over you."

"I know."

-------------

𝖱𝖨𝖯 𝖦𝖱𝖠𝖭𝖣𝖬𝖠 𝖦𝖱𝖠𝖭𝖣𝖠

𝖠 𝖱𝖤𝖠𝖫 𝖮𝖭𝖤 𝖥𝖠𝖲𝖧𝖮.

𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝖨'𝗆𝗆𝖺 𝗐𝗋𝖺𝗉 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗎𝗉 𝗌𝗈𝗈𝗇 𝗒'𝖺𝗅𝗅