Episode 8- THE AWAKENING

OMNISCENT

The truth will set you free.

LOTUS FLOWER BOMB played lowly throughout the diner as the group sat there, each of them besides Milani having a confused look etched onto their face.

"So.. you're a mermaid but deadlier..." Durk asked as he looked at her with furrowed brows as she nodded.

"Oh wow.." India said in disbelief as she sipped her coffee, and the waiter approached the table and she looked at his arm, a spear decorating it as he looked at her with a small smile.

"Hi I'm Erin, I'm your waiter for the morning.. what can I get yall?" he asked them but Milani looked at the tattoo and wondered where she'd seen it before.

She recalled the dream about a man named Axidus and her mother and the waiter cleared his throat making her look at him seeing him still smiling.

"I'll take 2 blueberry waffles and sausage." She mumbled as he nodded and walked away.

She watched his back retreat as she looked back at her friends seeing them share the same look.

"That nigga was weird..." India said as she looked at the image of the bloody rare steak on the front of the menu and felt sick as she held her aching.

'My fucking tooth hurt..' she thought.

"Do we care? No we don't." Von muttered as India's eyes widened.

'Fuck is he talking about?' Durk thought as he scratched his head feeling sensitive now for no reason.

"NIGGA. you didn't just hear India saying her tooth hurt.."  Von arched  a brow as India made the same face.

"We get it bitch, you're clairvoyant." Durk muttered copying Madison from Amerian Horror Story as Von poked his bottom lip out not understanding.

"Maybe us seeing Milani's powers unlocked something in Von." India shrugged thinking that was the most logical answer as her heart thumped in her ears for no apparent reason. 

The rest of the time the group talked as Von tried to muffle the things he thought he heard while in the diner.

3:33 am

INDIA  tossed and turned in her sleep as she tried to conceal the nerves crawling throughout her spine.

Standing in front of a wooden framed mirror she looked at her reflection as it stared at her.. beady red irises stared back at her as it spoke.

"Let me out.. let me out India, the longer you ignore me the more I grow angry." her eyes darkened as she reached out her hand and India hesitated before taking it.

It was like the sun and the moon collided, she felt a stinging sensation in one of her eyes as half of her jet-black hair turned paper white, tears of pain flew from her eyes as the mirror shattered.

India pushed herself out of bed as she breathed frantically before looking into her handmirror beside her bed, she noticed one of her eyes were a crimson shade of red, she dropped the mirror at the sudden pain flowing through her mouth as she felt as if someone was drilling into her teeth.

When it was through, she felt a sense of confidence as she knew things were going to change forever. 

DURK ran through the woods from a black furred wolf as he heard its growling he kept running.

Every turn felt like the one he had taken before as he tried to find a exit but it was like an intense corn maze.

'What kind of dream is this..'

The wolf stalked closer as Durk stumbled back and landed on his back as the wolf stood over him, their eyes boring into each other as Durk noticed it raising its paw to show a splinter.

Durk pulled it out carefully as the wolf winced and Durk felt like it happened to him too as the wolf laid on Durk's chest, its body cuddling against his as Durk closed his eyes as he felt the wolf dissolve as if he had went inside of him making them one.

Durk popped his eyes open as he stood up from his bed and went to the bathroom mirror to see his eyes black as night and he could hear everything, including the noises outside as he could hear, smell, and see everything clearer.

VON walked throughout street heading to his car, he had dropped Milani off and went to the store to buy early groceries.

"I'm going to walk into ongoing traffic." a woman sighed.

'do it then' Von thought to himself.

The woman stepped into traffic as Von turned around at the sound of screaming, he could hear the woman trying to tear herself away from the traffic but it was as if her body was being controlled by someone else.

'Get out of traffic.. are you insane?' Von thought again and as he thought it the woman moved herself and fell onto the stores side walk as tears left her face and her body heaved.

"You tried to kill me." she lifted her finger and pointed at the boy accusationally as he shook his head frantically.

"Yes you did." a male voice quipped as a boy who looked indentical to Von looked at him with grey eyes.

"You're lucky this was just a test dream or you could've done some damage." he said as Von arched his brow.

The two were standing by the traffic now as Von looked back at his twin who just shrugged before pushing him into the traffic.

Dayvon jolted upwards as he tried to catch his breath, and shakily turned on the lights.

And when fear and love collide.. Harmony will follow

I had to give them powers it was tempting.