episode 5

MILANI

DIVING into the ocean in her dreams Milani swan through it, her legs turning into one, growing scales as she adjusted to the new feeling she flipped her fins through the water touching the rocks and the fishes throughout the water.

"Follow me!" A baby shark spoke to her as she followed it to a big city of Atlantia, she swam throughout the city looking at all the people as they gave her the look of awe.

She had her hair pulled back into a ponytail as if fell in the middle of her back, she reached this tall building that looked like a castle.

Two knights approached her blocking the exit.

"Name?" The taller one asked her as she tilted her head, this dream was getting oddly specific.

"Milani Vega" she said as their eyes widened and they quickly moved away as she swam inside, she was greeted by the sound of Merry go round of life playing in what looked like a ballroom as a older black woman came down the staircase accompanied by a tall dread head with his hair pulled back in a ponytail with a knighting helmet covering his face.

"Josaphine? You're alive?" The woman called out rushing down the steps as the man followed suit.

"No ma'am my name's Milani" Milani said as she smiled at the elderly black woman.

Pulling Milani into a tight hug she sighed in relief.

"You made it, my baby." Rosalinde spoke as she ran her hands through her granddaughters hair as she took one of the star pins out of her own hair and put it into Milani's.

"It's so nice to finally meet you." She pulled away and wiped her face.

"I'm your grandmother, Rosalinde.. your grandmother, and this is my.. well.. your new guard Quan." As her guards eyes widened.

Milani's grandmother's eyes darted from the left to the right as she sensed something.

"Come back tomorrow, okay?" She asked her granddaughter as she confusedly agreed.

It was like the ocean was pushing her as it pushed her out the water and onto the shore where she hit her head and blacked out.

Opening her eyes Milani reached her hand up to touch her hair.

"Oh damn.. I sleep swim" she said looking at the star clip that fell beside her.

"So you just go swimmin at night huh?" She heard someone say as she looked up to see a buff lightskin with dreads.

"Yea sometimes." She said as he extended his hand and she took it.

"I'm Jaquan" he said as she nodded and gave him a smile.

"Milani" she returned the favor as he nodded.

"Like Vega? The singer?" He questioned her recognizing her familiar face.

She simply nodded standing up to her feet instinctively touching her neck feeling the shell crested necklace as she looked at his neck as well seeing the same thing on him.

"Where you from? You from around here?" She asked peeking to his necklace as he busted out laughing.

"You caught me.. ya grandma sent me hea to watch over you" he chuckled as they walked towards his car.

"Mm.. how do I know you aren't a serial killer who's trynna reel me in?" She questioned by the passenger side of his door.

"I guess you just gon have to trust me."

"No nigga Selena Gomez better than Hailey." Milani said clapping while Quan just shook his head.

"They both arguing over a ugly ass Canadian."

"Nigga go back to sippin saltwater you not ready for the land life." She said biting into her burger as he rolled his eyes.

"I think I fit in just perfectly."

"You asked a pregnant woman if she ate a blowfish.."Milani trailed off as the two laughed and a figure approached.

Milani's laughing came to a halt when she looked up and saw Dayvon with a questioning look on his face and his jaw slightly clenched.

"Hi von, what are you doing here?" She asked and he tore his eyes away from Quan and looked at Milani.

"Dia asked me to look around for you since she said she saw you leaving your house at the ass crack of dawn." He spoke as she remembered she forgot to call india back.

"Oh damn, well if you talk to her before I do can you tell her I'm okay" he nodded and did a once-over on her outfit as he smiled slightly.

"You wanna dress like me so bad" the woman had on a tight white shirt with black ripped jeans and grey Jordans.

She just softly chuckled, she did take some styling from Von but she never admitted it outloud.

Von and Milani said their goodbyes as Quan and Lani walked back to his car.

"Boyfriend?" He questioned.

"Nah.. just a friend"

----

Just another filler.. no motivation sigh.