Chapter 23

Adeline

I couldn't sleep, alex was deeply sleeping so I removed his hand from me, and I went outside, I took my cigarette and a beer and went on terrace. I want some fresh air, while I was smoking, somebody interuppted "you smoke?'' it was zaden. I told him "yea sometimes", I don't know what zaden was doing here maybe just getting fresh air like me... he sat next to me "dont you think something feel a little off the beat" he asked, I replied "what feels off", "you know I don't understand why the recording stopped right after james confessed his crime, why theres no other recording, why theres no voice of yours getting hurt why did it stop at a major moment like that".... a tensed face of mine showed the guilt, zaden looked, it was as if he was trying to solve a mystery, I knew zaden was quite and an observer, also he was studying law, but I never expected him to get this point in his mind, all this time when he was quite he was observing and coming up with theories, but I didn't want to be a part of this conversation "im going zaden" I tell him and get up, start walking just when he says "why is it you always walk away or run away? Last time when alex said you were innocent you ran away, you threw up this doesn't seem normal and now, you are again walking away when I brought this up", "look im not saying james was innocent he wasn't but it seems like you arent that innocent ADELINE CASPHER'' there it is, I was close enough to be caught, I had no way now, I had to admit, I looked back at him, zaden was looking at me, I smile, he looked like waiting for an answer, "yes zaden, you are right, I aint innocent, I guess im caught now, so I have to admit right? Yea I killed james, very much intentionally." he looked shocked maybe he wasn't expecting me to murder but something else "why you did that adeline, you had enough proof, he would have been jailed for his entire life, why did you take blood on your hands", I had no words "idk zaden, he pissed me off, he was going to kill alex, even if bychance he would have gone free, he would have come back and killed alex, he was capable of doing something like that, I knew killing him was the only end to it, I hope you understand, I kind of feel a little free rn that I have confessed to you, idk what will you do now but this is all I had to say zaden, I love ALEX more than my life, for him I can burn down this world, killing james was nothing for me". "idk what to say adeline, I know you were a victim, but killing him on purpose I don't know what should I do but for now im going to keep this as a secret" zaden says, "thanks zaden" I reply to him. We both leave and go down it was almost morning, I make coffee for me and zaden, meanwhile alex and asher get up, both asher and zaden get ready for leaving, we drop them at airport, asher hugs me and says "im gonna miss you addieeee" I reply him "im going to miss you too ashyyyyy come soon", asher then tells alex "you know bro, you not my bff anymore, addie is my bff now" we laugh, zaden hugs alex and then he comes to me, he hugs me and tells me "take care adeline, be careful" I nod. They leave.