Chapter 10 : Mission Completed

Start from the beginning

"It's over." Orochimaru materialized behind the armored man, his outstretched hand now transformed into a pitch-black snake's head!

Seizing the momentary pause caused by the Blade of Wind, Orochimaru employed the snake substitution technique.

"No!" The armored man's weakened chakra left him powerless to escape.

"Bite!" The snake, resembling a steel lance, pierced through the armor, effortlessly penetrating flesh!

A profound agony surged from his core, and the armored man collapsed to the ground, unwilling and aged in appearance.

A radiant crimson light streamed into Orochimaru body through the grotesque wound on his back. He felt invigorated, sensing a slight increase in his chakra.

What was this crimson light exactly? Orochimaru wondered, but it seemed to benefit his body. Without dwelling on it, he simply embraced its presence!

It was thanks to the protection of this red light that Orochimaru emerged victorious. He paid little mind to its origins, instead embracing it openly!

"Big Brother!" The female ninja, witnessing this scene from a distance, cried out in anguish, struggling to rise.

Her eyes, filled with resentment and despair, locked onto Tsunade. "I'll fight you!" she shouted, mustering her strength to charge forward.

Tsunade prepared to subdue her with a punch, but Jiraiya intervened. "Allow me." With those words, he expelled a massive Fireball Technique.

The female ninja was engulfed by the fireball, reduced to a charred corpse.

Confronted with the hellish aftermath, Tsunade couldn't contain herself and hurriedly ran to a tree, where she vomited.

Orochimaru, too, felt a sense of unease and exhaustion. Depleted chakra and injuries caused him to perspire.

In the distance, Orochimaru released several snakes, swiftly turning the struggling survivors into lifeless bodies.

Jiraiya observed the scene in silence, refraining from comment. He turned around and walked towards Tsunade.

As the battle concluded, Sarutobi emerged from the cave with a group of people dressed as villagers.

These villagers bore the signs of immense suffering, many covered in scars. A few women wore tattered clothing, their eyes devoid of light, while others were emaciated, barely recognizable as human.

Under Sarutobi's simple arrangements, these people departed, clutching a few belongings.

"Well done!" Sarutobi's face radiated a smile as he listened to Jiraiya's report. "It's normal to feel uneasy the first time, but with more exposure, you'll become accustomed to it."

Tsunade and Jiraiya remained visibly pale, but Orochimaru seemed relaxed, displaying no adverse reactions.

Sarutobi believed Orochimaru to be at ease, unaware of the true extent of his mental power. Orochimaru exceptional reflexes and agility only sparked vague suspicions in Sarutobi's mind.

"These bandits got what they deserved. Let's head back after cleaning up the battlefield." Sarutobi picked up a blade of grass and placed it between his lips, leaning leisurely against a tree trunk.

"These bandits were nothing much !" Jiraiya, having regained his vigor, remarked when they reached the bandits' hideout.

However, apart from a modest sum of money, there was nothing worth taking. Sarutobi set everything ablaze before using Earth Release to completely erase the cave, ensuring no memory of this group of bandits would remain.

Jiraiya managed to secretly stash away a stack of banknotes, while Orochimaru discreetly pocketed two blood-red pills found on the armored man's body.

Sarutobi merely smiled, unaffected by their actions.

Only Tsunade still appeared listless.

.....

In the Hokage's office, Tobirama wore a smile as he listened to Sarutobi's report.

Tsunade's performance did not disappoint him, and the young boy named Orochimaru displayed extraordinary talents.

In their first real battle, Orochimaru demonstrated excellent tactical acumen, leading the team with precision and eliminating both a skilled Chunin and a Genin single-handedly. His strength surpassed that of an ordinary Chunin, a remarkable feat for a six-year-old—a true genius.

Even more commendable was Orochimaru's decisiveness in battle and his efficient methods. Such traits were highly valued by the resolute Tobirama, a true warrior of the Senju clan.

Jiraiya's performance also impressed.

"Sarutobi, the students you've taught are exceptional! Assign them a B-rank mission." Tobirama's mood was notably jovial.

"They are the village's future hope." Sarutobi expressed satisfaction and pride. The potential of his disciples knew no bounds!

In the original timeline, the Second Hokage may not have known Orochimaru until his demise. However, in this altered timeline, Orochimaru's exceptional abilities had captured his attention!

*****

Support me on my patreon and read upto 30 early chapters for only $1.

https://www.patreon.com/Unique_Writer