Chapter 13

The next day went about how anyone would guess it could go

 The next day went about how anyone would guess it could go. Wanglei watched as servants ran around trying to remove all evidence of a fight, doctors sat busy while soldiers sat restless, and he walked aimlessly because he had done his part the previous night. His plan had been to make sure Huixin saw a doctor but Mingxia was quickly on that.

Huixin was now being lectured by the other while bandages slowly covered her whole being. Her sisters had barged into the room to get their share of lecturing in and Wanglei felt that his presence would be better elsewhere.

His walk had led him back to the servants quarters. Guards were sitting anywhere that was mostly undamaged and in all honesty, the residence didn't seem much different. Wanglei made his way over to his loud roommates since he knew that they would at least keep him occupied while he waited.

"-then I grabbed his leg and threw him. I swear he went flying over the wall. I bet if we checked, there would be a mark where he hit the ground."

It seemed that each man was talking of their great fights through the night.

"Wanglei, there you are! This idiot here was just finishing the dream he seemed to have where he was a great fighter," one shouted towards him.

"DREAM! It was all true and I had never been more awake! If you don't believe me, let's fight right here," the bragger shouted.

"It is because I have fought you that I say that. What about you Wanglei? How did you fare through last night's attack?"

Wanglei simply shrugged before joining the group sitting on the ground.

"I would have taken out a total of five men if the Crown Prince's soldiers hadn't come and interrupted," another complained, "they had waited long enough to come help, why couldn't they have waited a bit longer?"

"Oh please, you wouldn't have lasted any longer. We were lucky we got the Crown Prince's back up. I heard the royal guard on duty fell asleep."

"Heavens, imagine if no one had come."

"Tsk, none of you have seen this family fight. I watched the young lady Huifen and let me tell you, if she is the youngest, this house will never have to worry about attacks."

The group continued to talk of their great feats and the awe in watching the Huang family in battle. Wanglei was bored but at least he was not as bored as before. The talks continued and the stories became more and more inflated. It seemed the star topic of this conversation was whether Lady Huang was stronger than the Young lady Huifen. A conversation Wanglei found no interest in.

Before he could get associated with this conversation, Wanglei got up and began walking through the renovated ruins of the residence. Everything was the same but it wasn't quite familiar.

His walk led him to a quiet pond surrounded by various trees. It was under a willow tree where he decided to sit. Everything was quiet and calm here. This was exactly what he liked yet the longer he sat there, the more bored he found himself.