Chapter 2

The tournament day had finally arrived and the Huang house was filled to the brim with varieties of fighters from all over the empire

 The tournament day had finally arrived and the Huang house was filled to the brim with varieties of fighters from all over the empire. The three sisters sat near a window looking out at the sea of people determined to join their residence. Each sister looking for anyone that seemed to peak their interest or looked to have skills worth watching.

The crowd was no surprise considering the prominence their family held. Even the low level guards fared well in life. One would have to be foolish to not try their hand in this lottery.

"Are we going to have to sit through the entire process? I would rather be attacked randomly than sit here and watch," Huiying complained, already tired by the thought.

Huifen responded with a humph while Huixin continued to look through the crowd.

"This is why you need to start listening. Father said yesterday that we only need to be present for the final few matches. Just look at the sheer number, it will take a few days before they find a truly skilled fighter. Perhaps I should just enter to speed up the process," Huifen finished with a smirk, clearly delighted at the thought.

"Oh Xiaofen, if you were in this tournament, I would definitely choose you," Huixin exclaimed while lunging forward to pinch her younger sister.

"I too, would want to see Huifen try out. I would like to see one of them beat you," Huiying taunted.

"If you were to choose me, I would try to lose," Huifen directed at Huixin while struggling to push her away.

While the three sisters continued with their antics, the tournament began below them. They were correct with their guess of the length and dullness at the beginning of the matches. Huang Bocheng and Qiaohui only came out when the weak had been filtered out and there seemed to be clear top contenders.

Finally the tournament was coming to an end with only 20 contenders left. Huang Bocheng and Qiaohui had been watching for a while, making note of those they thought could be of value, not just as guards but as possible students in the martial arts school. The three sisters had finally made their way out and were sitting to the side, though their concentration was far from the matches. In all honesty, they were not even pretending to pay attention.

To the final 20 contenders, Huang Bocheng had determined that all would have a place offered in their school so the following matches were to determine who would become guards and to see the difference of skills.

Watching the three clearly uninterested daughters, one contender couldn't help but hope to not be chosen.

Wanglei watched as the three continued to mess about wondering why he had to be chosen for this so-called mission. Hei Lijie had told him it was a great opportunity, yet so far, no match had challenged him. He had hoped to be placed in the royal guard when he left his training yet here he stood fighting to be a simple guard for some noble.