A Chance

|This preference is dedicated to Bizzles_Qveen_|

Caitie POV

"W-What do you mean?" I asked as the tears ran down my face. My glasses clouding up slightly. You see, my boyfriend Ryan Butler, is I believe breaking up with me. Then tells me that there's somebody else.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Caitie, don't make this harder than what it already is." "Don't make it harder! You're trying to break up with me. I get that. But, the way your doing it is buy saying there's someone else. That's all you can say. That 'there's someone else.' What? You expect me to understand and just be okay with it?"

I was fuming yet so upset. How could he? After being together for a year and a half this is the bullcrap he wants me to put up with. No thank you. My fists clenched at my sides, and I took a deep breathe before opening my eyes.

"Caitie baby." He said while trying to reach out to me. "Don't call me that." I sneered through my clenched teeth." Just as I was about to go off on him again his phone rang. He instantly picked it up putting it to his ear.

"Hello....Yes..I just did babe...Okay, I love you too." He then put his phone away back in his pocket. "That was-." But I cut him off. "Let me guess. That was the 'Someone else'? Who is she?" I wanted to know. Who is this person that Ryan's obviously leaving me for.

He looked down a the ground. "I said who is she?" The quieter he was the angrier I got. "It's Mandy." He mumbled. Mandy. "Mandy! That girl who flirted with you when we were on a date! That Mandy." Then realization finally hit me. That means he had to be seeing her behind my back. He's been cheating!

"Get out! Get out. Call your new toy and have her come pick you up. By the time that she gets here you better have all your shit together and out." I pointed up the stairs. Giving him the hint that I wasn't joking.

I paced back and forth as he made his way upstairs. How could he? After all this time together. I thought he loved me. I guess you never know a person. I leaned against the wall in the hallway, and ran my hands over my face.

I hope nothing but horrible things come his way. As I paced back and forth, I heard a honk outside. I guess that's his new toy. Ryan then came down the stairs. He had a couple of duffle bags in his hands, and on his arms.

"I umm. I didn't get to get all of my things, s-so I'll come back some other time to get it. If t-that's okay." He said still standing there. "Go." I pointed to the door. He nodded his head my way before walking out. When the door closed I slid down the wall.

I tried taking deep breathes as the emotions were all hitting me at once. Anger, hurt, confusion, betrayal. I felt the tears skidding down my plumb cheeks, fogging up my glasses again. But I didn't care. I was hurt. I just lost someone who I thought I meant the world to.

I sat there and cried. I didn't know how long I cried for, but it was a while. I felt my phone in my back pocket vibrating. I reached behind me to grab it before answering.

"H-Hello." I asked. "Caitie. Are you okay. What's wrong? I've been calling you for forever, but you haven't answered." I sniffled. "I'm f-fine." "Don't lie to me Caitie. You don't sound fine. You know what? I'm coming over." I sat up straighter. "N-No. I'll come o-over." I told him. I didn't want to stay in this house any longer.

"Okay. I'll be here waiting. I'm always here for you, Caitie. Remember that. I smiled slightly. "Thank you, Justin." After that I hung up. I took a deep breathe. I got up, and headed to the kitchen area to grab my keys, out of the key bowl. I grabbed some shoes, before heading out, and locking my door.

I decided to walk since he didn't live that far from me. I didn't really want to tell Justin what was going on. I mean, Ryan and Justin are best friends. What if by me telling Justin what happened, they'll stop being friends. I can't have that happen.

I was cut out of my thoughts when I finally ended up on Justin's front porch. I stood there for a moment before knocking on the door. The door instantly swung open and there was Justin. He pulled me into a hug, and then the emotions came back up.

I felt the tears streaming down my face, once again. Justin pulled me into his lap, rocking me back and forth. I took deep breathes. I didn't want to let myself get upset again. I wiped my eyes, and sat up out of his lap. "You gonna tell me what happened?"

I sighed. "Ryan." He scrunched up his eyebrows. "Ryan. What about Ryan? What'd he do?" I didn't want to tell him. "He-he left me. He broke up with me." I said looking down while playing with my fingers.

"Why?" "I-I really don't know. He said there was someone else. I asked who, and he. He said it was Mandy." Once again he scrunched up his eyebrows. "Mandy. Who the hell is Mandy? Wait? Is that the girl who you told me that flirted with Ryan?" I nodded my head yes.

"And he left you for her?" I nodded my head once again. "I swear when I see him I'm-." I shook my head no. "N-No. Don't. I don't want you to do anything, okay. I don't want what happened between me and Ryan to come between you and him. Okay?"

He sighed and shook his head no. "I'm sorry, Caitie, but I can't. He fucking decides to break up with you because he wants to be with someone else, then I call you and your crying your eyes out, and you want me to be okay with this. No. I'm sorry, but no. I told you not to date him in the first place."

"You told me not to date him in the first place! Justin, you can't control who I date. Your not my parents. You're one of my best friends. I thought that if I do date someone you would at least be happy for me. But it's the complete opposite. Every guy I date your against it, and I don't know why. In all of your relationships I've done nothing but support you. So I don't understand why you can't do the same for me."

I was getting upset. Every single guy that I told him about me liking he always said something negative to get me to stay away from them. I don't get it.

"Caitie, you don't understand. It not that I'm trying to keep you from other guys. But. I just don't think they deserve you. I don't think Ryan deserved you either. Your a smart, beautiful girl. And it upsets me that it took me all this time to realize that. I. What I'm trying to say is that I love you. I've always had. I just didn't realize it until I saw you with my best friend. I love you, Caitie. I really do. I know that it might be hard for you to believe me, but I truly do."

"You're right. It is hard for me to believe you. I don't believe you, Justin. Why? All of a sudden you want to express all of this so called love you have for me. I-I don't get it. Your probably just confused. You can't love me you just can't."
I rambled on. He can't love me right.

"That's the thing. I do. I love you so much that it hurts. I see you with all these boys who don't treat you right, and then I have to see you cry while comforting you, and it hurts. It makes me think of how happy you would be if you just took a chance and let me make you mine. I can treat you like the princess you deserve to be treated like. I will be better than all those other guys. I'll will never hurt you. I promise."

I looked down. "I don't know Justin. I mean. You're my best friend. Don't you think it would be a little awkward? What if we do give this us thing a chance, and then something goes wrong? What if that thing that end us ends our friendship too. I don't want that."

I felt him lift my chin up with is finger. "I don't want that either, princess. But we would never know if we don't give it a chance. So, what do you say? Will you give us a chance?"

I hesitated, before nodded at his words. Giving him a big smile. "I'll give us a chance."
••••
Sorry if it's not the best. But I hoped you enjoyed it. Bizzles_Qveen_
Bye my Beauties.💟