CHAPTER 53: REPLICA OF HIM

Replica of him: 53

Mathilda walked around the King's throne room to find him seated over the windowsill with his sister, extremely focused, painting him on a glass.

" Your Majesty, " Mathilda smiled and continued when Lucas gently nodded. " I've received the mail from your grandparents. The Elder Astons are expected to reach the palace tomorrow night accompanied by the Queen of Norway. "

" Queen of Norway... Who is she accompanied by? " Lucas asked his eyes staring at a point, calculating the period that he might need in order to do anything beforehand.

" The Queen is said to be accompanied by the Crowned Prince and his younger sister. "

At the slightest mention of the Prince of Norway, Lucas noticed Alaia's brush meeting a halt when almost immediately, the siblings met each other's eyes.

They nodded with a silent agreement before Alaia softly laid her brush back over the pad, leaving her painting incomplete.

Lucas turned over to look at Mathilda with a nod.

" Kindly ask General Dawson and General Martel to accompany you in escorting the Royal family from the port tomorrow. To keep in mind, I expect no disrespect to my Knights. The Queen and I would be waiting for your arrival. " he said or more likely informed her that he knew could never be refused.

Mathilda nodded with a defeated sigh and walked around to be met with the Queen stomping her foot through the throne room in a messy night dress with her hair undone.

" Your Majesty! My poor eyes- What in the hell are you wearing? " Mathilda screamed halting all three of them with a gasp of breath.

Only now, Ava had successfully torn open her eyes to see through her sleep barrier.

" I- Madam Acton-

" You can't be wearing this at these places! You don't look like a Queen at all. Have you forgotten all of your Queen classes or what?! What the hell-

Ava visibly gulped feeling her throat going dry as her eyes danced here and there. She completely forgot what happened back there in her bedroom and only wanted a quick gasp of air to release the pent-up oxygen inside her lungs.

Mathilda's repressing anger pushed a churning sensation over Ava's heart. She quickly hung her head low to avoid possibly any of her further negative remarks when she felt her hand being pulled harshly by none other than her so-called mother-in-law.

" Listen to me when I talk! A Queen never sees her foot unless it is when she's before her King! You look nothing like how a Queen should be-

" Madam Acton, " Lucas made his presence known only after a brief while when he was busy staring at Ava's figure.

She sure looked a bit frightened by Mathilda's rage but that was nothing new.

He'd heard dozens of tales about Mathilda's behaviour towards Ava and her constant whining of bad luck regarding the encounters with the elder woman.

" I- " Mathilda's eyes flew open as she gulped. " King Aston, let me do this once. I'm the former Queen and I maintained a proper image of a Queen. I could never let her ruin it just because she's affected by a disease or nonsense-

" Stop cutting me off. " Lucas breathed before glancing at Ava's desperate eyes pleading with him for freedom. " I acknowledge how a Queen should be. But I don't think there's any of us that has the right to say what she could do or couldn't do. Let Her Majesty be. "

Mathilda felt a slight push within her heart that told her that it was symbolically the right place to end it as it was before making it a mess.

" But, Your Majesty-