CHAPTER 38: NEW REPLICA?

New Replica?: 38

It was already the day that the elder Actons had to depart for their new adventure accompanied by Lucious and Hikarina. Ava felt hard to let the small munchkin leave the palace, who was crying for her to take him back home as he didn't want to leave the huge palace and his newfound interesting sister-in-law, who'd played with him all the time including in the dinner time which his mommy had strictly prohibited from playing in.

Nevertheless, they had to leave. Ava was watching the King and his grandfather hugging each other after discussing someone in a serious aura before the old man suddenly broke into smiles and pulled the youngest into a hug.

On hearing the sweet voice of Mrs Acton, Ava tilted her head and flashed a smile at Lydia.

" I'm glad you're fine after everything that happened. " Lydia started with the comfortable silence seeing it as the right opportunity to develop a talk, unfortunately not noticing Ava's body going stiffened nearby.

She couldn't comprehend what the old lady was mentioning right now.

Because each of the weeks had been weirder and weirder for her making her stronger than ever before. It would be a lie if Ava told herself that the Royal family knew nothing about all those terrific nights.

" You know, your husband has changed a lot compared to how he was during your marriage. He was so...shy and hesitant to even grab your hands. But seeing him living a life really makes us so happy. " she exclaimed with a small sigh and turned to glance at the awfully silent Queen only to find her looking back at her at the mention of the man. 

" I'm not sure about your problem, sweetheart. But trust me, you'll make everything alright once you realise what you're to each other and I know that," she whispered and grabbed Ava's hands without a mind to which Ava didn't flinch or responded.

She continued to gaze at the old lady with numerous questions swarming the back of her mind.

" Life has been hectic, yes. But let's look at the bright side and let go. " The smile that Lydia flashed at Ava had hundreds and hundreds of meanings behind it as if she knew what was Ava going through. The warm squeeze to her hand made her realise that she indeed...had people around her.

" I'm going to miss you, dear, " Lydia whispered gently hugging Ava close and a few minutes later, she felt Ava's hands hugging her back.

Lucas walked over to the Queen and bid farewell to his family and gazed down at her.

Ava crooked a brow and asked what was it when she found him staring at her for which Lucas gently smiled and just shook his head.

#

" Ava...what do you think about a trip to Canada? " Lucas barged through the door of their shared bedroom in the middle of the night while Ava was getting ready for bed.

" Canada? Why so suddenly?"  Asked she as the question was blunt and abrupt.

" Because it's already November approaching...and I think I only have a short time to do something and before that...I want to show you something. " Lucas looked over at Ava, who was getting ready for the bed.

" Show me what? Don't tell me you're going to take me to...you know that place. " she didn't sound scared or uncomfortable but mildly annoyed.

" Eh...I would never take you there again with a straight mind. Keep that apart, I have many things to show to you and I have a job to be done today. "

" Today? Like in the middle of the night or what? "

" Yes, in the middle of the night. I'm going somewhere and I'll be back tomorrow. " Lucas curtly nodded as he pointed at his overcoat over his hand, saying: " As you know my...cousins from Europe are visiting us this weekend, there might be unexpected events and I have things that should be taken care of with care. "