CHAPTER 32: DYNAMIC UNIVERSE

Dynamic Universe: 32

Lucas turned around adjusting his watch when Ava approached him from behind, wearing a heavy hoodie with some long pants that hugged her legs tight only enabling her to move at a slow pace. The palace was indeed colder at night as Ava didn't really mind wearing such tight clothes tonight.

" So, where are we going, Your Majesty? "

" Outside the castle where you can trust everything that I tell you. " Lucas smiled.

He was also wearing a hoodie with sweatpants and had some comfy face masks with him that unusually sparkled in the dimly lightened corridor.

" Is Aslan coming with us, Your Majesty? Should I inform Issac? " Ava trailed her eyes around the empty corridor as if she knew that Aslan could jump out of nowhere like Ninjas or something from those graphical badass movies.

" You should stick with Lucas rather than Your Majesty. It sounds good to hear my name being called, you know? " he handed her one of the masks with a chuckle and then shook his head saying that Aslan was away for the night.

" It seems impossible that Aslan let you walk out of the castle without him," she mumbled amused.

It was indeed amusing that the King's Knight had always been an overprotective-handsome-killer-assassin-general if it comes to the King's safety. He'd do anything or oppose anyone including the King himself if he had to protect him.

" Sometimes it is possible when he's not aware that I'm out. "

They were by now walking through the third floor towards the opposite grounds. Ava had her hands wrapped around herself, her eyes wandering around pointing at nothing as if she was zoning out somewhere.

Lucas had been staring at her for the past few minutes and noticed how her eyes had lost the sparkling all of a sudden as if something had happened without his knowledge.

So, after a few seconds, Lucas decided to draw out a talk.

" I've been wanting to ask you something. Who's...princess Sofia Dawn to you? "

Sofia Dawn... Yeah, the red-dressed Princess in the party that was Nancy, Ava's best friend's replica.

" Nancy Debrew. My best friend. " she shrugged.

She'd stopped feeling remorseful whenever either her family or her friend's thoughts crossed her mind. The Queen was slowly indulging herself in the process of working out a productive life without any distraction which Lucas guessed.

" So...you had friends? "

The reaction was a bit late but Lucas was successful in distracting the Queen.

That was why he found himself being glared at by the Queen as if he suddenly had two noses instead of two eyes while looking like a tall Giraffe.

What's wrong with her having friends?

" What do you mean? "

" I thought you were a lonely bee that tends to be quiet everywhere, refusing to socialise. Because you were like a lonely bee when I met you. " he chuckled at the memory but Ava chose to glare at him for his shitty guess.

She wasn't a lonely bee ever in her life. She always had her brother and her best friend to nag her damn broken life all the while.

" Of course, I was not. I had friends. " she fought furiously, scrunching her nose very hard.

" Easy, easy, Your Majesty. " Lucas giggled advising her to calm while Ava only pouted and whisked her head away from him.

" I had many friends including Nancy. I was never a lonely bee, "