CHAPTER 7: HE'S NOT WHO YOU THINK

He's not who you think: 7

" And I'm Lucas Aston, "

I know this name.

That's what rose in Ava's mind after the King departed leaving the now-called Queen to herself.

Lucas walked out of the Queen's chamber breathing heavily. He had to take a few minutes to calm himself down so that he could slow the racing heart inside him. He breathed a bit slowly thinking back to what just happened and fished out his mobile, making a call to a certain number. But the call was declined within two rings followed by a ding from his mobile.

" Why isn't he picking up? " he mumbled to himself shifting his mobile to look at the screen when he noticed a couple of messages from the said number.

Mr Arrogant Ampere

I'll be not taking calls.

I'll reach the palace in an hour please don't contact me.
sent 03:02 PM

I said I can't take calls your majesty I'll be there in ten minutes.
Sent 03:45 PM

The last message was just a minute ago, Lucas guessed that the Mr Arrogant Ampere was on a journey near the West Coast.

King of Briston

Fine then come back soon.

I'm waiting near the fountain.

I need to go somewhere.
Sent 03:47 PM

And the reply immediately popped up over his screen as if Mr Arrogant Ampere was waiting for his response.

Mr Arrogant Ampere

Yes majesty.
Sent 03:47 PM

Lucas sighed looking around the corridors and decided to make his way towards his destination.

" Mother, I need to see you... " he found himself whispering when he reached the ancient fountain decorated with rosy lotuses floating in the water. He walked further in and drew one of the chairs from the small tea table to take a seat and wait for someone.

The time slowly ticked off while Lucas was deep in thought about his country's Queen, Nythera. He was worried for her but just because Nythera disappeared out of nowhere, he couldn't punish the woman who was in her place. He had to find a solution to bring Nythera back from wherever she was and send back Ava to her home.

" Ava... " he mumbled slowly feeling the name rolling out of his lips in an unnamed pull.

He looked around the fountain softly gazing at a point when someone's footsteps along with a boot ticking, contacting with the marble floor earned his attention.

" Your Majesty, " called a manly voice from behind. Lucas turned around and gave a nod to the handsome soldier, who quickly bowed his head and straightened to look at the King while his hands swiftly concealed the crossbow behind his back that gently flicked his black mullet hair.

" I know where you were, "

Probably Mr Arrogant Ampere maintained a solid amount of silence still upholding his gaze towards the King.

" Tiggy, I need you to initiate a conversation with me, "

Mr Arrogant Ampere suddenly hissed, his hands unintentionally folding into a fist while he took a quick breath to not break the King's neck for calling him like that.

" I don't see any reason to do so, Your Majesty, "

" But I can see it, your Queen went missing when you were around. " Lucas stood up, circling the male, who looked at him confused as his brown eyes squinted down.