CHAPTER 47: MISTRESS'S GUARDIANS

Mistress's Guardians: 47

Ava slightly stirred feeling her mouth tightly chapped close because of the chilly breeze out there. Her blurry view immediately came face to face with the sleeping Lucas, who tiredly had his hands comfortably wrapped around her. They somehow ended in a cuddling position, wrapped underneath a warm blanket that came from nowhere.

She giggled seeing Lucas sleeping like a log as she gently nudged him awake, seeing the early race of the morning. But the King of Briston wasn't ready to wake up yet since his arms tightened the hold further more than earlier.

Luckily, Ava was fortunate enough to escape out of the tight hold when Lucas shifted on the small bed to fit his large form. She stretched like a cat and smiled closing her eyes.

" Very good morning, Briston. I hope the day would be full of joy and fun and not sh*ts," she mumbled incoherently, not really in the mood to move her chapped lips.

She blinked wearily turning around to find the time in the untouched hut that had nothing but books on every corner. Her final act was to pull away Lucas's right hand to glance at his watch.

Ava praised herself for walking up first as it was, still, pretty early. She thought of waking Lucas up for a minute but then hesitated finding him soundly asleep. He looked too peaceful and the thought of waking up the moody-ginger-eaten-King pained Ava's heart.

" I'm not sure what kept you awake all the week. You looked like a man on the sidewalk, "

On hearing herself, she couldn't help but giggle commenting on how a King certainly looked like a homeless man sometimes.

After the joke faded, the realisation settled in.

She unintentionally recollected last night's talks that included Lucas's childhood. Though Ava never paid interest to the flashback and skidded away from it as soon as it started, she couldn't deny that a part of it stayed within her.

Raised by a witch and sent back to the castle to be coronated as the King.

What was Lucas's life like?

Ava's curiosity fiercely increased as she wondered what could he have done when he closed her eyes shut.

" Do I want to trust him about these...magic and power stuff? " she asked herself.

Ava had been a practical person from the point she couldn't remember that it always felt like a fairytale whenever Lucas and the others mentioned about the portal and other magical stuff.

She was sure that she had never seen anyone using magic or anything related to that right before her eyes, though they were clearly claiming that they were from you-know-where.

She knew Xavier and Ignatius were from the other parallel because they were different replicas and God- Ignatius could never be from Briston if he was that ignorant of the King, which was how she also found that Dylan, her economic tutor, was also from the said parallel.

She had been only doubting Aslan to be one too. But she couldn't pinpoint if he was really from Kouzlo as Lady Oh lately revealed that he was her only grandson.

Not to forget the door that Lucas accessed and took Ava somewhere. The time zones and most importantly, Ava's appearance. They were all somehow urging Ava to think about the other side.

What if he was saying the truth?

What if Ava was only a human that had no idea that a place full of magic existed?

Her head almost spun for a while until it was calmly bolted by a loud groan from none other than the King, who shifted again to the side and suddenly yanked Ava, who stood by the bed, close to him.