Chapter 2

PIETRO JACQUES

"Thank you, Mr. Phoenix-Creed. I am honored to drive your new luxurious sports car this upcoming Canon 21 Premier."

Godfrey Aamon, a renowned car racer. Half-filipino, half-swedish.

"I'm expecting a good performance, Godfrey."

I folded my arms and leaned on the swivel chair. I studied his physique and took a deep breath before asking him to go.

"You may go now." I said.

Godfrey stood up and extended his hand for a formal handshake, but it only went in vain when I didn't reach for it.

He pulled out his right hand in embarrassment and simply smiled before leaving my office.

Today isn't a good day for me, my head is throbbing and I still have a lot of things to do before going home. My stay in the Philippines is just short and I have no other reasons to stay here aside from business.

My secretary spoke in the intercom and I rolled my eyes.

"Good day, Mr. Phoenix-Creed... The investors for the expansion of the Pointe Hotel and Casino from Cavite arrived just now. Let me know when you are ready for the meeting, Sir."

"Send them here in my office now, tell them I'm not discussing with them for more than 20 minutes, Chloe. 15 minutes is enough for whatever blabbering they've got." I responded.

"Noted, Mr. Phoenix-Creed. I'll send them there in 5 minutes, thank you."

I spotted a bottle of water in my table, I opened it and drank half of it. I figured that today is my lazy day and I should've just didn't went to work today.

The door cracked open and three men entered the room with mischievous smiles on their face. Before they could even bother to do a handshake, I signaled Chloe to have them seated on the couch.

Their brows frowned when Chloe stopped them from going near to my table but immediately shifted it when they faced me.

"Good day, Mr. Phoenix-Creed. I am Juan Pablo, and these are my co-investors: Luciano Gomez and Walter Araneta..."

"What unscrutinized matters brought you here, gentlemen?" I asked.

"We are asking for your permission to include in our partnership the consensus of having the three of us augment the opening of drug dealing in the Casino we're building, Mr. Phoenix-Creed. I believe that the profit that we could generate if we add drug related activities in the casino would peak to hundred million a month —"

I cut off Juan Pablo.

"What do you think of my reputation? A success that came from drug dealing?" sarcasm filled my tone.

"No, Mr. Phoe —"

"Then don't try to tarnish my business with your fascination of illegal crimes, Juan Pablo. I'm not allowing drugs to become part of my business, and if you disagree, then we have no more to discuss now."

I stood my ground on that aspect.

My father didn't successfully build our business just to let these stronzos affiliate our name in their maledette illegalità!