Chapter Six: Memories

Start from the beginning

"Hey, ya know there's a fight club in the underground city,". She suggested. "We can go there first thing tomorrow". Jay thought about it since it would work but he was still scared. He got up and started to head home, there was a lot to think about and he needed to sleep. Rose followed him as usual. The walk there was silence.

When they arrived at the motel, they opened the front door to see Markus running around the lobby. Rose giggled at this as she found it cute and Jay crossed his arms though he yawned, he needed his sleep. So he walked to his room and closed the door leaving the small demon to hangout with Markus.

...

When Jay woke up he was in the void. The same apparition was sitting on the floor, arms crossed just staring at him. He felt weirded out. Suddenly it felt hot, very very hot. It was Hell. The red cracked ground and lava always seeping through. The sky is covered with the same red ground. There was sobbing coming from behind Jay. he turned around to see a small child was sitting in front of him, curled up into the ball. Jay was hesitant to approach the child. Fear washed over him. His hands were shaking and he slowly approached the kid.

"Hey kid, are you ok?". He asked. When he asked, the kid turned around screamed, the face looking mangled and scared. Something out of a horror movie. Jay slowly backed away in fear, the demon child walked towards him. He'd recognized this child. This demon child was... him. He was backing away from himself. His heart pounded really fast, brain filled with more fear. Why was he scared of himself? Why? All those questions filled his brain.

While he backed away, he tripped over a rock and fell but when he fell, the floor broke into water. He floated and looked around the area. Dream physics is something. His brain still racked with fear. The corner of his eye he saw the same monster swimming around. He took deep breaths trying to calm down but it didn't work. His eyes fixated and looked around everywhere. His breathing is getting faster and faster. The cherry on top, the demon child leaped down the hole and swam after Jay.

The moment the child reached him, its hand wrapped around him. Strangling him with the clear intent to kill him. Jay's eyes widened. His gasps for breaths were futile. Water filled his mouth. Then the monster appeared and ate him and it all went black...

...

Jay woke up and sat up. Face covered in sweat, his breaths going fast. He looked around. He was in his room. He looked at his hands. They were shaking. He felt his mind going crazy, so he took a deep breath to calm the nerves. It took a few minutes to calm down. Then he looked for Rose. She was nowhere to be found, the fear of this being another dream started to grow in my mind.

"Rose!". He said. He remembered what Rose said about the underground fighting. Maybe this could help him get back on track.

"What do you want? It's 10 pm!". Rose said as she phased through the door.

"Is the fight club still going?". He asked.

"Yea, why?". She answered.

"Can we go right now?". He said. A big grin grew on the small demon's face. He got off the bed and stretched. He put his shoes on and Rose dragged him. The duo made their way to the sewer entrance and started to walk to the underground city. Jay tried his best to not touch the dirty disgusting water, but Rose walked through the water anyway. She didn't care. The smell of the sewer was disgusting and gross. Was enough to make anyone gag. Sometimes Jay wondered why there was an underground city.

"So, why is there a city underground?". He asked.

"Ya think humans would accept anything not human?". She asked.