Chap. 1; Adventures In Babysitting

Start from the beginning

"We aren't having that type of fun -"

"Not yet," Lauren said under her breath.

"And i didn't tell you..."

"Because?"

"Because you would have acted even more dramatically than you are right now."

"I am not being dramatic." She but her hand on her chest as if she was offended.

"Yeah, sure, and my name isn't Nancy Elizabeth Wheeler." Nancy said while she started putting on lipstick. "I don't know why you care anyway. You are not the one who's hanging out with him." Lauren rolled her eyes at Nancy's poor defense.

"Like I said, he's an asshole. Believe me, I know, and I don't want my best friend hanging out with an asshole. Especially when she's such an amazing, beautiful woman that deserves better than Steve fucking Harrington." Lauren's shoulders dropped further with everyone of her words.

"That's exactly what I told her." Barb said looking at her best friends. "You're to good for him."

"He's not that bad." Nancy shugged with a checky smile. "You two just have to not be so critical of him, you know? Not be such a pessimist."

"I have the right to be a pessimist because what always happens."

"The worst possible thing?" Barb finished her sentence.

"And what never happens?" She glanced up at Barb to answer her question again.

"The best possible thing."

"Precisely. So seeing as your two best friends object we think you shouldn't."

"Frankly, I don't care. I don't care what you think about it." Barbara and Lauren looked at each other, knowing that was further from the truth. "It's just -"

"I'm going to be completely honest with you. It seems like you want our permission," Barb said, turning into the school's parking lot. The three stepped out of the car, meeting the cold November air. Lauren threw the backpack over her shoulder, following behind her friends.

"We are just friends. I never said anything about dating him. I swear." Nancy brought it up again. Lauren rolled her eyes at her words.

"We are still talking about him." She rolled her eyes again. "I agree with Barbara." She pulled her backpack strap up on her shoulder while she walked beside her friends.

"What?" Nancy asked.

"It seems like you want permission." Lauren leaned her shoulder on the lockers beside Nancy's.

"I'm not asking permission. I don't need your approval, considering we aren't dating. I don't need permission." Nancy continued to argue with the two while putting in her locker combination.

"That's why you made out a couple of times." Barb said, rolling her eyes.

"Oh my god, you made out with him." Lauren looked between her friends

"You have made out with people who are just your friends." Nancy shot her a look. "So why should Steve count?"

"Because we are too different people Nancy a kiss means more to you than they do me."

"Why? Why does it have to mean more to me. Why can't I just kiss someone for fun."

"I never said you couldn't." Nancy seemed annoyed at Lauren, but she knew it would pass. "You clearly are now." She said under her breath.

"Hey Lauren, you think she's going to be too cool for us? Start hanging out with like Tommy H. and Carol?" Barbara said.

"I will not, believe me, it was a one-time," Nancy said, opening the locker to find a note dropped to the ground. She opened it when a smile came to her face. ''A two-time thing." Lauren grabbed it out of her hand.