Chapter 19: Riots and Civil Unrest (2021-2023)

The civil unrest that gripped Pakistan in early 2023 was a manifestation of the deepening economic crisis and growing frustration among the populace. Rising fuel prices, inflation, and the overall cost of living had made it increasingly difficult for many citizens to make ends meet. The government's economic reforms, while aimed at stabilizing the economy, were perceived by some as exacerbating the hardships faced by the vulnerable segments of society.

As protests intensified across major cities, the government struggled to address the demands of the demonstrators effectively. The opposition parties, sensing an opportunity to exploit the situation, lent their support to the protesters, further amplifying the calls for Imran Khan's resignation. The protests occasionally turned violent, leading to clashes between demonstrators and law enforcement. Tragically, there were reports of injuries and loss of life during the confrontations, adding to the turmoil.

Imran Khan's government faced mounting pressure to address the root causes of the unrest and find solutions that could ease the burden on the people. Amid the chaos, the Prime Minister called for dialogue with the opposition, urging them to put aside their differences and work together to find a way forward. However, the political polarization hindered constructive discussions, prolonging the unrest and leaving the nation in a state of unease.