The Crew's Arrival

The colorful rainbow of sports cars pulled up the long dirt road to the farmhouse.

Now that the big rig was closer, Henry recognized it-especially the one-of-a-kind flames trailing down the sides.

A little worriedly he walked up to the big rig and stood in front of it, arms folded

A little worriedly he walked up to the big rig and stood in front of it, arms folded. "Optimus, What brings you here?"

"Greetings Henry Langston," A deep voice resonated from the tractor trailer. With a loud creaking, it suddenly furled up into a large metal robot who bent down on one knee, so he was eye level with the man. "We are here because we have detected a threat."

"Threat?" Stepping forward, Jacob frowned, "what kind of threat?"

To Jacob and Henry's surprise, there was a loud revving. Their attention was drawn to the lime green sport's car. The sleek car approached the group, rolling up into a green robot with a cape. The robot leaned towards Jacob, pointing a finger at him. "A Decepticon threat, that's what."

Stumbling backwards, Jacob's eyes widened and he almost fell over. Another autobot? "Wh...who are you?"

"A house fly," the robot smiled, shiny teeth showing. Then when Jacob did not laugh at his joke, he rolled his eyes. "Idiot, I'm an autobot."

Optimus Prime stepped in, putting a stern hand on the autobot's shoulder. "Crosshairs, these are our friends," he turned to Henry and Jacob to give them an explanation. "Due to the gravity of the situation, I have brought my crew with me."

He pointed at the yellow car which now swiveled into a yellow robot. It began playing rock music through its radio as it did a little dance. "That is Bumblebee."

Next the old military truck whirred up into a large, wide robot with a metal beard and all sorts of military gear tracked about it. "Name's Hound," he pulled what looked to be a cigarette out of his mouth and saluted in greeting. "Pleased to meet you."

"Uh-you took," Henry scratched the back of his neck. He exchanged glances with Jacob. Neither had been expecting to see so many autobots in one place.

There was a whoosh as the blue Bugatti Veyron transformed into an almost Samurai-looking robot. "I am Drift," he inclined his head. "Greetings."

Lastly the silver Corvette Stingray rolled up...

 ...and transformed. "Remember me?" he asked the two humans.

The voice sounded familiar yet he looked different.

In confusion, Henry looked at Jacob. "No?"

"Wait!" Jacob's eyes widened as he stared at the corvette stingray. "Sideswipe? Is that you?"

The autobot laughed cheerfully, optics flashing. "Yes, it is; I wondered if you wouldn't recognize me with this new form."

Henry shook his head and a smile crossed his face. "I can't imagine what Maia will think."

"Maia?" Sideswipe glanced around. "Where is she? Didn't her college semester end?"

"She's not here," Jacob spoke up. "She's doing an internship in New York City."

"Oh," The autobot scratched his head. "I see. I would have thought she'd be coming back for summer like most kids do."

"Well she was given a good opportunity," Shrugging, Henry explained in a defensive voice. He then looked at Optimus. "What Decepticon threat are you talking about?"

The prime blinked and a ray shot out of his crystal blue optics, projecting a hologram of a map on the ground. There was a cluster of red marked in the southern part of New York City on the map. "We have reason to believe the Decepticons are gathering–for what reason, we do not yet know-"

"-But we'll find out," Hound cut in excitedly. He whirred his hand into a hasty looking gun. "And if it means a shoot-out, I'm all game for it."

"Hound you must not wish for violence," Drift spoke up, his voice calm and composed-quite the contrast to trigger-happy Hound. "Violence is a tool of anger and manipulation..."

	"Whatever," the autobot rolled his eyes

"Whatever," the autobot rolled his eyes. He shoved his gun in the blue autobto's face. "I still choose shooting guns over being shot down."

"It would do you good to put your guns aside for awhile, my violent friend," Drift grabbed the edge of the gun and used it to spin the autobot over and knock him to the ground.

The ground vibrated as the two began to fight back and forth.

Jacob and Henry kept almost falling over from the rapid jolts through the ground.

"Oh, I want in on this!" Crosshairs grinned and then also dove into the fight.

"That was a stupid move......soldiers...'' the radio on Bumblebee's chest flipped to various stations. He shook his head in dismay at the sight.

"Is that how you speak?" Intrigued, Henry asked the autobot.

The autobot nodded and switched stations again, this time to the voice of an auctioneer announcing, "Sold to the man on the left." Bumblebee pointed at Henry.

"His voice box was damaged during one of his encounters with Decepticons," Optimus Prime explained gravely. He took a step back as Crosshairs and Drift rolled past him.

"Huh," Jacob winced as the ground vibrated when Drift was thrown to the ground. "Deceptions are nasty." How much larger are they than these guys? He remembered the Decpeticon who had chased him and Sideswipe just the past summer.

"That they are," Sideswipe agreed. Reaching over he grabbed Crosshair by the collar and jerked him back. He then fired a shot at Hound's feet so the autobot had to jump back to avoid being hit. "Quit it you three; you're making a wonderful impression."

Drift stood up and dusted himself off calmly. "First impressions must not always be used to judge."

"You can say that again," Bumblebee spoke through the radio.
Displeased, Optimus frowned at his crew, "Autobots, quit your fighting. This is Henry Langston, the father of Maia Lanston-daughter of Melissa Langston. And this is her friend, Jacob Meyers."

"I still don't understand," Jacob exhaled through his mouth, still quite bewildered. "What threat are the Decepticons causing?"

"We are unsure Jacob," Optimus bent down so he was level with the boy. He spoke in a grave voice-blue optics dark. "But it involves your friend, Maia."