Prologue

She was zooming around the racetrack in her flashy red corvette. A handful of race cars were ahead of her-many behind.

"Come on," she encouraged, gripping the wheel tightly and passing two more cars.

Now they were on the final lap and she was in second. "We can do this," She pushed the gas and sped up, swerving to the side of the car in the first place. She drove her corvette past it, only an inch clearance between the two cars.

"Yes!" She exclaimed, watching as the checkered flag came into view. "We're doing it! We're in f-" her voice trailed off as a large jet swooped down on the other side of the finish line. It whirled into a large robot that stood stories high.

"Megatron!" her eyes widened, and the word came out in a horrified whisper. She slammed her foot on the brake, but her corvette wouldn't slow down.

Megatron stood, silver metal limbs gleaming, red eyes flashing as his sharp eyes were curled in a smile. He growled and held his hand out, the gun on it whirring into motion.

"Nooo!" she screamed eyes wide as the blast came forward straight towards her and her car...

"Nooo!" Eighteen-year-old Maia Langston sat up, her eyes flying wide open. What...where... Glancing around she realized she was not on the racecourse with her corvette. She was here in the dorm room of her college, on her bed in the middle of the night. Sideswipe was with Optimus. Everything was fine.

Beads of sweat formed on Maia's forehead, and she breathed in and out deeply, trying to calm her nerves. It looked so real-so haunting.

She had yet to forget the menacing face of the Deception that had tried to kill the autobot who had become part of the family. Ever since the event she had often had panic attacks though she kept them secret to avoid worrying her father. Megatron had also been frequently in many nightmares of hers.

Throwing aside the covers, Maia got out of her bed and walked over to the window. She pulled aside the curtain and peered out. The moon had risen in the sky, shining mystical light on one of the cities in New York below it.

Where was he now?

With a sigh, Maia turned away from the window and made her way back to her bed. Climbing on, she pulled the covers up over her shoulder and lay back down. She was safe-Megatron was long gone. Her panic attacks were over nothing.

There was no need to worry. She was safe-he was safe. Everything was just fine.

Right?