Chapter 50

May I come in?" 

 Bidisha turned around hearing the voice to find Paro standing there, her figure wrapped in a vibrant red dress screaming both confidence and vulnerability. 

"Girl, Don't be so formal! Please come in!"

Bidisha gently smiled, welcoming Paro. Her eyes filled with a mixture of warmth and concern. 

She hesitated whether she should start the conversation or not.  Especially this evening when they were about to leave for Adi's birthday party within the next two hours. Besides, she didn't know what Paro and Rishabh talked about but she looked really disturbed. 

The room seemed to pulse with anticipation, as if aware of the weighty conversation that was about to unfold. 

" Please come. Have a seat."

Motioning for Paro to join her on the edge of the bed, Bidisha's voice held a hint of apprehension as she began, 

" You look beautiful in this dress." Bidisha complimented her genuinely. 

Paro gave her a meek smile in return which didn't reach her eyes. 

" Aditya gifted you this. No?" Bidisha asked straightly. 

Paro's eyes widened in surprise, her mind grappling with the sudden revelation. 

Yes, Adi gave her the dress and as always ordered to wear it this evening. And like an 'obedient girlfriend,' she listened. 

But how did Bidisha come to know about this? Did he disclose his gesture to everyone? What else did Bidisha know?

She suddenly felt restless. 

" Paro, you don't need to be uncomfortable in front of me. Aditya is not my brother-in-law, he is like a brother to me. He told me that…. "

 Bidisha stopped to see her expression, who was sitting lowering her gaze, her fingers playing with the hem of her dress. She clearly wasn't prepared for the conversation. But that was the reason Bidisha needed to talk to her. 

" Paro, you know that your father borrowed some money when your grandfather had to have an operation right?" Bidisha waited for her answer. 

Paro looked baffled. Her mood suddenly felt bitter remembering her grandfather. He was the only person she could share everything with. But suddenly he fell ill and her father had to borrow some money from Mr. Roy. That man wasn't someone to be trusted easily but they had no other option. But this happened a long time ago and now she couldn't even understand how Bidisha knew all this.

Seeing Paro's confusion Bidisha again started speaking, " Your father did everything to repay his debt. But that man, Mr. Roy, wasn't a very good person at all. Suddenly a few days ago he claimed that he didn't receive any of his money. He somehow still had the paper of your homeland. Your father, he trusted him but that man didn't deserve it at all. He…" 

Bidisha took a breath. 

" He wanted to sell that land to Viktor without even informing your father. The same land your ancestors had nurtured for generations. I have known Viktor for a long time and I don't know how Mr. Roy got to know him but let me tell you he is one of the worst people that I have ever met. " Bidisha clenched her jaw. 

" But thankfully Adi got to know about this on time and he helped uncle to save your land. And in the middle of it all,..." Bidisha's voice grew heavy with emotions.

" Burdened by the weight of this ordeal, uncle had suffered a heart attack. Adi was the one who rushed him to the hospital. I know you are thinking he must have done this because he likes you but trust me, he didn't want to let you know all this at all. He even informed his uncle not to tell you. He selflessly stepped in to help your family."