Chapter 31

" Are you sure you wanna bunk the last class?" Ishita asked Paro, raising her eyebrows. 

Since morning she can feel her friend's restlessness. She had a feeling Paro was disturbed about something. There was no way this girl would miss a class willingly. But she kept insisting that nothing happened. 

" huh?! Oh. I... yeah. I gotta go. Aunty wanted me to be home early. Bye Ishita. See you."

 Paro left hurriedly without giving any chance to Ishita to speak further.

Clutching her backpack tightly she almost rushed out of the gate. She let out the breath that she was holding for so long. Even the gatekeeper was looking at her weirdly. 

Paro soon took some steps forward to make herself invisible from the building. It's all happening because of him. She can't believe she had to lie to everyone just because he wanted her to. 

Looking at the sky she couldn't help but envy the birds. How they were flying utilizing freedom to its fullest. She dreamed of that freedom. Only if she were one of them she would disappear where no one could find her. 

Her little moment of peace was gone as soon as a black car stopped in front of her. She didn't need to see inside to know who the owner was. Roaming her gaze around she entered reluctantly. 

" Please start driving. Quick." The last thing she wanted was to be seen by anyone she knew. 

Adi smiled at her in satisfaction.

" I see that you are excited about our date. Aren't you? I must say I was impressed when you messaged me to meet you at five instead of at six. Were you missing me, my feisty cat? Cause I surely was." 

Adi leaned towards her. 

Before he could make any action Paro put on her seatbelt and urged him to hurry up. Thankfully he listened.

As soon as the car started she rested her head on the glass window frame. She didn't bother to answer any of his previous teasings. Only she knew how she controlled the urge to smack right across his face.

 Her friends would have been with her if she waited till the last class. She couldn't afford any more suspicion from her friends. She already had enough on her plate. So she decided to meet him earlier. But this jerk thought that it was for him. Bloody narcissist. She took some deep breaths to calm her nerves. 

She didn't know where they were going but she felt it was on the outskirts of the city. 

She asked him once but he didn't mind replying to her. 

Paro clutched the backpack more into her chest as she remembered the pepper spray and knife she put in her bag before leaving home. If anything goes wrong she would make sure to use her weapons on him.

After almost one hour she suddenly felt the car halt. 

" We have reached." 

Coming out of the car, Adi soon went to the other side to open the gate but she already did it by herself. He groaned in displeasure. Without minding him Paro looked at the farmhouse in front of her. It looked straight out of a movie. 

Taking her wrist into his Adi guided her inside. Paro looked at the decorated lawn in awe. The whole place was wrapped in lights and flowers. Does heaven look like this too?

The fairy lights looked like the constellations of stars on earth. For once she almost forgot everything and was lost in the splendid beauty of the scenario in front of her. She couldn't believe someone would put this much effort into anything for her. Everything looked magical. Straight out of a fairytale, too good to be true. A genuine smile made its place on her lips as she looked around, bewitched.