26. "We Believe In You"

Start from the beginning

Many mothers held their children in their arms as they cried holding them. Some children, who were old enough to understand what was happening, wiped their mothers' tears and tried to calm them down when they were crying themselves.

Fathers kissed their daughters' foreheads and told them how much they love their daughters as they cried. They hugged their wives and told them to forgive them for not taking them to their favorite place or for not giving them enough love.

Those children who couldn't understand what was happening, stared at their parents being confused and wiped their tears with a smile, which made their parents cry even harder at their children's innocence.

"I can't see all that..." Sarada whispered to herself as she wiped a child's tears that she was holding. The child made her remember Hiroshi when he was that child's age. "Be brave, little guy. I promise to make everything alright." She said to the child as she jumped away to find Himawari.

Himawari's taking care of those children who had already lost their parents in this disaster.

***

Sakura injected Kawaki and saw his veins change colors as they found him groan in pain. He had an oxygen mask on and had many needles attached to him with Sumire still sitting beside him.

The doctors have decided to give some pain to Kawaki so his body could know that he's alive and that he needs to wake up.

Sakura looked at the other doctors who shook their head. "It's no use..."

"Inojin..." Sumire spoke. "Can you send me inside him? Maybe I could trying talking to Osamu?"

"He's not ready to listen, Sumire-"

"I am not going to just sit and do nothing at all!" Sumire burst. "I must, at least, try!"

Sumire is not allowed to go out and move too much. Because, due to the explosion, her chakra paths are destroyed. She can't use much chakra.

Inojin stared at her for a few moments before twitching his eyebrows and then nodding firmly.

***

"I said I will not- Oh, it's you Sumire..." Osamu spoke in utter shock as he saw her standing in front of him. "Have you finally realised your love for me?"

"Osamu... I know the one you love is not me, it's someone else." Sumire started and saw Osamu's expressions change. "Tell me about your problem please-"

"How do you know it's not you-" Osamu whispered under his breath as a shadow casted on his eyes.

"-I can help you with your problem-"

"How do you know the one I love is not you?!" He yelled.

"In that old house," Sumire started. "when you told me you love me. I saw a girl's image in your eyes... she was grinning and I got an idea that the one you love could be her and not me." She added. Her voice was soft as a soothing breeze.

For a moment, she swore she saw tears in Osamu's eyes. But he turned his back on her and laughed. "Keep your theories to yourself. I've said once that I'm not going to change my mind and I mean it."

"But if I say that I love you- even if I don't- would you be okay with that kind of love?"

"Yes-"

"No, you wouldn't be! Because the love you need is a genuine one, not a forced one!" Sumire yelled. "Osamu please, tell me what's wrong, the world, Kawaki and you, everything and everyone would be saved-" She was cut off by a sharp light hitting her chest.

***

"Sumire!" Inojin called out as he and Sakura held her so she wouldn't fall. Sumire had her hand pressed to her chest and her eyes were closed tightly with cold sweat on her forehead. "What happened?"

"He attacked me... but don't worry, I will try again."

"Sumire..."

"I won't be giving up without bringing Kawaki back!"

***

"Oh no, the moon... it's getting even worse." Boruto said to Sarada. There were comets falling, due to which, everything was already on fire.

"Denki, how much robots do you have left?!" Sarada asked.

"Not much. The water is also nearly finished!" Denki yelled back as he controlled his robots whole were throwing water at the fire.

"Metal! Can you do something?!"

Metal, who was already laying there after using his all gates, spoke "I- think so..." Sarada's eyes filled up with tears as she saw his condition.

"Hey- you don't need to." Sarada ran towards him as he fainted. "Chocho! Take him to hospital!" Chocho jumped there right at the moment taking Metal away.

Iwabe, who was breaking the comets in between the air, also looked worn out.

Sarada's eyes fell on a little kid who looked familiar to her and saw a comet coming towards him. Her eyes widened as she ran to save the kid... "Hiroshi!" Sarada screamed as the comet fell on the kid... on Hiroshi. "N-no..." She fell on her knees as tears leaked from her eyes.

She kept staring at the place untill the place exploded revealing Hiroshi not harmed but unconscious. "Hiroshi." She whispered to herself as she got up again and ran to him. Her heart stopped again when she saw Sasuke laying there in blood.

Sasuke had prevented the comet from hitting Hiroshi by covering him by his own body. The explosion was caused by Sasuke'a Susanoo.

"Papa!" She picked up Hiroshi in her arms and tried to heal Sasuke's wounds. "Papa- don't worry! You'll- you'll be alright!"

"Sarada... take Hiroshi away... protect him." Sasuke whispered. "He needs- you. Protect him."

"Nothing will happen to you!" Sarada sobbed. "Chocho! Wasabi!" She yelled their names and saw Namida jump towards her.

"Oh no..." Namida whispered as she saw Sasuke's condition.

"Namida- please take papa and Hiroshi to the hoapital!" Sarada ordered as he kissed Hiroshi's forehead one last time as Namida took them away.

She wiped her tears and stood up. She stared at the scene in terror as she covered her ears so she won't hear the screams and cries.

"Oh please... what should I do?" She asked herself. She opened her eyes with a jolt as she saw a white light every where around her.

"Sarada..." She heard a voice. The was so soothing that it calmed her down. Her panic was nowhere near her now. She could smell a beautiful scent.

She slowly turned around and saw three people standing behind her. One of them looked like Sasuke... "Un-cle?" Her tears escaped her eyes again.

The woman made her stand up and stared in her eyes softly. "Sarada..." Her voice was gentle. Sarada immediately hugged her without even knowing who she was.

"Be strong, little girl." A man, who looked stern, spoke. "We know you can do it." Sarada broke the hug and stared at the three people in front of her.

She gasped and put her hand on her mouth as she recognised the people. "Grandmama... and grandpapa?" She whispered. The three people came closer to her and poked her forehead.

"You can do it." They whispered as they started to fade away. "We believe in you."

Hope you like this chapter.

Take care!